• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How is DOTA Ai Created?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
To be precise, if you want to make AI similar to that in DotA, you'll have to study AI and triggers. Depending on the kind of map you're making you'll need to use one of those.

In short, as forsakener said, it is hard work. If you were expecting to get a simple answer written out that you could copy and paste, well... sorry.

Level 7
Well, yeah.. if that's the case then I would guess it is quite simple... and since I know nothing about non-trigger AI myself, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that it's done with triggers.

If that's so, then it'd go something like this, I think:

• Simple AI
    • Events
      • Time - Every 300.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Necromancer for Player 2 (Blue) at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (0.00, 10.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of General Attack Region <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 3 Ghoul for Player 2 (Blue) at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (0.00, 10.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of General Attack Region <gen>)
That's just a simple example, but it basically emulates what DotA does, afaik.

I believe that you will have to learn vJass and how to make it as oficiant as posible or something to do AI for the extra functions and efficiency or otherwise with just GUI it may lag caused my how much script the game will have to go through to get what it wants(if you want a complex AI that does whatever you want as a normal person will play or close to it).

Level 29
@ mckill2009
Thanks my friend will you help me in my Hero Defense map.....
im just alone making it it would be better that someone will help me.....
Thanks.....

I have AI's in my map and they cast spells also, I know how to make them, I can help you but dont expect too much coz Im not a pro in making them...

I think that these are the most common used triggers in AI
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Unit - A unit comes within XXX.xx of UNIT
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order UNIT to Move To Point
      • Unit - Increase level of ABILITY for UNIT
      • Hero - Learn skill for UNIT: ABILITY
      • Hero - Create ITEM and give it to UNIT
      • Unit - Order UNIT to GROUND USE ABILITY POINT
      • Unit - Order UNIT to UNIT USE ABILITY UNIT
      • Unit - Order Button UNIT to Attack UNIT