• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How I DL Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do i download a map that has custom stuff on it. Everytime i try to download a map that has custom stuff, it has a black screen and says download (forgot what it was i needed to download). What do i have to do cause its very confusing.:confused::cry:

How do i download a map that has custom stuff on it. Everytime i try to download a map that has custom stuff, it has a black screen and says download (forgot what it was i needed to download). What do i have to do cause its very confusing.:confused::cry:

Maybe you should post a screenshot of whats happing. It sounds like somthings screwed up for you.

Level 15
Do you see the black screen when you are downloading the file from the website, or do you see the black screen when trying to run the map in Warcraft 3?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This kind of error sounds like it is beyond the responsiability of this site. Try getting help from a board that supports your OS or browser type since all files on this site download like any other web files. Thus any errors while trying to download are lightly to be more your configurations fault than us so contact people skilled in that area or atleast explain in more detail.

In order to play maps in WarCraft 3, you have to store the downloaded map file in your maps folder located in your WarCraft 3 install directory and then use the standard method of running a map in the actual game its self.

You can not open most maps in World Editor since most people protect their maps which renders them unopenable, if that is the error you are refering to, it is your problem since we will not descuss deprotection of maps.

Make sure your game is up to date (version 1.21) since we can only insure that all maps work with offical version 1.21.

If you want any more help or more detailed help, please explain more clearly what your problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.