• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How does Mechanical Critter function?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have a unit I want to disguise as a bush, the only problem is that he will still belong to me so any units that happen to pass by will automatically attack it. Then I remembered the mechanical critter item, which I think made a critter that belonged to you but wouldn't come under attack from any enemy units it passed by unless a player specifically targeted it. How do I make my unit act the same way so that no one auto-attacks it unless a plyter actually realizes it and forces attack himself?

Level 6
That WOULD work in a sense, but really that would screw so many things up it wouldn't be funny. Its still an RTS, you can't have units not attack anymore.

Level 16
''Mechanical Critter'' ability summons one random unit from with ''Critter'' race and makes it un-auto-attacked.

You can't summon your specific unit with ability.

If you want ''Mechanical Critter'' summon specific unit, change race of all critters (Pig, Chicken, Dog, Frog, Stag, Rat, Rabbit etc...) (I prefer ''Naga''). When you finish this, select your unit you wish to be summoned, then change it's race to ''Critter''

In this screenshot, Mechanical Critter will summon knight.
60152d1247214264-how-does-mechanical-critter-function-window.jpg

Attachments

• Window.JPG
    Window.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 664
Level 6
I don't want to summon a unit, I want to make it not auto attacked, but I don't know where I can set that kind variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.