• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How does apply force actually works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
What I mean is I think those forces only apply to the physics objects. When a unit like say... a battlecruiser is destroyed, it doesn't just disappear. It turns into physical pieces that will bounce around the terrain. What I'm saying is I think your "apply to force" thing only applies to those pieces.

Level 12
Apply Force does work on units

the basics is
Effect - Amout : The power of the push (1 = 1 range push instantly, most push spells use some form of persistient, negative amount means pull
Target - Location - Value : Where does the push come from?

Though, from what ive noticed, it also completely disables the target (if done over a duration, a push that lasts 2 seconds will completely disable the target for 2 seconds)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It works by getting the unit to move to the target point. As such you need to persistantly apply it for it to keep affect. You may wish to also lock unit turning and stuff so it appears to slide.

Check out Hybrid Reaver Maar's nova (second zeratul mission) and the protoss mothership's warphole. Both these moves use the effect.

Level 3
Its a move command that cancels in a split second, which means it the unit will issue a baseline animation walk if no other animation is playing.

Its the same thing when you push units out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.