• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

how do you attach a portrait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New at the Hive ? !ntroduce yourself !

Ok there are two poossibilities in doing that.
1. Either assing a camera to the model. If you have Magos model editor it' easy. There must be a register called 'Camera'.

2. Or you make a seperate portrait file for that, which is quite hard because you have to modify an already execistin portrait file.

Level 3
how to add the two together?

Ok, but say i have a the model, and i have the portrait, both as separate files. how do i tell the model file to use the portrait file as its portrait?

Or, more specifically, I found a model of a the firepandaren brewmaster online. it's barely changed from blizzard's version, it just adds a death animation and a few other animations that the limited blizzard release was lacking. the trouble is, it came with not portrait, so it looks crappy in game. now, blizzard made a perfectly fine portrait of the firepandaren brewmaster, so how do i get the new, external model file to point to that portrait file within the wc3 MPQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.