• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do shadow strike work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Can some 1 tell me how the spell "Shadow strike" works?
I do not know. It says Data - Decay power, what does that do? Data - Decaying damage, is that the damage over time? and in that case how long time?? I know what the Data -Inital damage does, thats the damage the unit gets when the spell hit it. But can someone tell me/explain me how it works i realy need some damage over time spells.

Level 34
Data - Decay power: Got no clue what it is, but leave it as that and continue with the other aspects of the spell. If you aint happy about the spell, since it's not working as you planned, try editing the Decay power then.

Data - Decaying damage:
That is how much damage it gives over time, remember when you cast it on an enemy it first says 100! then 10!, 10! ? That means the '10' is the damage that the enemy recieves on that moment. Let's say..

You cast it.
0 sec - 100 damage when struck. (100 damage)
1 sec - 10 damage. (110 damage)
2 sec - 10 damage. (120 damage)
3 sec - 10 damage. (130 damage)

And if it lasts for 10 seconds; (10 seconds x 10 damage) + 100 intial damage = 200 damage total.

Data - Inital damage:
That means the damage the unit recieves on point zero, just as I kinda mentioned up.

Did I explained it properly to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.