• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do protoss people talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Yeah... still weird that its like.. available for everyone to hear. Maybe they manipulate sounds with theyre minds or something. That would be sweet.

Its just odd that each would have his own psychic voice and tone, manipulating sounds with ones mind sounds weird and pointless, but none-the-less awesome.

Level 13
Got me there.. makes you kinda wish they had mouths.

PurplePoot: i dunno, it really sounded as if they could talk normaly in game, theyre head moved and nodded, theyre "mouth" area kind of moved a bit too. I just really REALLY find it odd that they would all sound different via telepathy.

Level 13
Really ? i could have sworn the zealot and fenix... whatever. Yess it would be boring if they were quiet (oddly enough like they were in a few SC books). I will try to come back to you with this: if dragoons use telepathy to communicate like all protoss, how come theyre voice comes back all metalic and cold. If the protoss are able to form different styles and forms of speach in theyre minds and if each had a different "psychic voice" then why would the dragoon substitute for this grating cold metal voice when he could simply use another ?

Level 40
Ooh, maybe a few do. I thought of

-Zealot
-Dragoon
-Carrier
-Corsair
-Scout
-Both archons
-High Templar
-(I think Dark Templar)

before coming to that conclusion -.-

And does fenix actually move his head? I don't recall so, I'll give it a check when I get back home.

They of course bob back and forth a bit, but they do that just as much while talking as while doing anything else.

Level 2
I just tought of the fact that the zealot has some device on its throat that flashes red in the same rate as their speech, it also flashes red in a rate that could be that of their breathing, so, maybe they have their mouths on their throat, this could also explain why the dragoons sounds like its a machine talking for them, since they are severed heads in a robot body they might have lost their neck (and there-by mouths) and then the robotic body does the speaking for them. Besides, I dont recall seeing a protoss neck clearly, and even if I had, they might not have characteristic "lips" or other clear signs of a mouth.

By the way, protoss might have mental speech with eachother, but that wouldnt explain why the dragoon sounds robotic...well, actually it could, every1 have a mental picture of themselves, how they think they look like, same goes for how they think they sound. If that mental picture is changed from humanoid protoss to robotic dragoon, then their tought of how they sound might also change from humanoid to robotic.

Level 13
Im soory, but if i get my ass sliced up and put into a tank full of some gell, i want as much of me to be normal as possible.

Nice theory on the throats, can prove or disprove that

Level 45
Protoss do not have any visible noses, ears, or mouths. Though it is unknown how their senses of hearing or chemoreception operate, they are widely believed to possess such sensitivities.In the Starcraft novel 'Firstborn,' it was revealed that Protoss can indeed hear and smell. It was also revealed that Protoss do not need to eat or drink as humans do, and indeed do not have mouths at all. Instead, their bodies take energy from sunlight and starlight in some manner, possibly absorbing stellar radiation.
He saids it's a THEORY, doesnt need proof to say it's real.

Level 35
Hmmz...Mabye they have psycic vibration bones in their jaws that make sounds?...Kindof like the horn on a Parasarolophus. Or perhaps from the front of the head.

Here is a pic of my idea.

The red is muscles of course. But the blue is a nerve/psycic line that vibrates the hard bone in the jaw or in the frontal plates of the protoss ridge, and/or facial front. To produce sound. Linked to the thought processes of the mind.

Attachments

• Protoss Vibe.jpg
    Protoss Vibe.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 218
Level 26
Actually it does, the protoss just have maskes over their faces, like that guy.
Yes, because it obviously look like the Protoss are wearing masks, right? And the Dark Templar, they must be wearing double masks just to look leet.

The "device on the throat" scenario is slightly more plausible, kthx.

That guy. said:
Yes it does, you're just not elite enough to realise it.
Snore.

Level 13
Maybe instead of the Protoss sending messages to people's brains they manipulate the air or something and make sounds and forming the sounds to words and stuff. Or then their telepathical abilities can be done to many subjects.

Level 13
Protoss have sex with theyre minds. Seriously. they fertilize eggs inside themselves or a female protoss (there WAS a Dark Templar female chick i think, so that proves that). The process has probably become stylized by now, but i dont think the protoss gain much pleasure from it, based off the way they seem much more reserved and quiet. It also seems that female protoss are not included in the templar (military) caste, which would explain us never seeing any.

Just my 2 cents.

Level 26
Protoss have sex with theyre minds. Seriously. they fertilize eggs inside themselves or a female protoss (there WAS a Dark Templar female chick i think, so that proves that). The process has probably become stylized by now, but i dont think the protoss gain much pleasure from it, based off the way they seem much more reserved and quiet. It also seems that female protoss are not included in the templar (military) caste, which would explain us never seeing any.

Just my 2 cents.
Here is the list of currently known female Protoss:
Raszagal.

Based from this, we can conclude that we do not know jack shit.

Level 13
Lol i have to agree there, but we do know they have another sex, and the fact that they have taken little or no part in combat roles (as demonstrated by unit portraits and general fiction about the templar)

But yeah, the reproductive thing was mainly a joke, since they dont seem to have any tools for the job (lol)

Level 26
Lol i have to agree there, but we do know they have another sex, and the fact that they have taken little or no part in combat roles (as demonstrated by unit portraits and general fiction about the templar)

But yeah, the reproductive thing was mainly a joke, since they dont seem to have any tools for the job (lol)
Well, they're always wearing at least a loincloth, so it's a possibility.

Level 10
Actually this thread is gone really far far far from what it was supposed to be I mean look we came here from how do they talk. Rofl.
Myspacebarbroke
Here is the list of currently known female Protoss:
Raszagal.
Yes it is the only one who is know as a female protoss. I think their females are mostly house wifes ^_^

Level 13
Thats the feeling i got from it too, who knows though, perhaps protoss females have important roles in the society, Blizzard has NOT explained anything on this, and i doubt they ever will.

Level 10
Actually, I think protoss let females join army too, but most of the females prefer working in their houses, cooking, having sex ? O_O, and such. Only Raszagal is an exception but she was in the dark templar group ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.