• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me with Terran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I wanna learn the OP race to the silver/gold level. I'm gold zerg, and I have protoss as secondary race that I play every now and then.

Would the standard opening be like this:
10 depo
12 rax n scout
16 depo​
Then depending on scout do stuff?

And why I wanna learn Terran? Because it'd be nice and motivating to have every race as strong :D I already got a hang of protoss.

Currently I'm unranked, last season ended as silver, I played a game or two then. I'd gladly hear some nice builds with Terran, good hotkey groups (like as zerg I have 1 army 2 something 3 something 4 queens 5 hatches, with protoss I have 1 army 2 gates 3 robo 4 stargate 5 nexi), composition of drops, when to do 3rd and general tips that you'd give me.

I'm dreaming of getting to diamond random at the end of 2014, but that'll never happen lulz, me 2 lazy :p

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I think at lower levels you can get away without using a scout and instead relying on the extra minerals to get slightly ahead of the other player. Last I heard, low tiers (below/low Gold) used rather predictable tried and tested strategies (Terrans were always going MMM balls for example) so simply by always going a counter to this common strategy, you would end with a >50% win rate and thus be put up ranks.

When you get towards upper gold, people apparently start becoming more flexible which is where scouting becomes very important. You also need to be more flexible as players will throw more variety of strategies at you, including making them up just for fighting you.

To progress beyond that it is all about how insane your thinking speed and micro is. You need to move away from fixed build orders towards the middle game and instead build what is needed when it is needed. Using strategies such as splitting marines against banelings etc really start to make the difference between win and lose.

Level 2
My standard build is usually:
10 depot
12 rax/refinery --> make a reaper, and keep it alive for scouting multiple times, otherwise, you will have to use a scan later
Create a supply depot as soon as the barracks is complete (all your buildings should blocking off your ramp)
Make an orbital as soon as resources are available (usually at 15 supply right after the barracks is complete)
After reaper, make a reactor on the barracks
Then as soon as you have the resources, make an in base CC.
Then based on your scouting information, go for more barracks or factory/starport. at around 10-12 minutes you should be ready to push, and your CC should be about done for you to place on your natural.
Throughout this entire build order, you are continuously building SCVs

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What if the opponent goes for early timing attack, do I still make cc?

Status
Not open for further replies.