• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i open a protected map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok like i want to play a map (Gauntlet Arcade) its protected so i cant open it up in WE but how do i open in up like in warcraft III just to play it.

Level 3
im not asking ppl to help me hack into protected maps...

what im trying to say is my friend wants me to download this map which happens to be on this sight.

it SAYS

Map Protection: WARNING: This map has been damaged by a 3rd party application. People call this protecting the map (thumbs down).

is there anyway to open this is WARCRAFT 3 NOT WORLD EDITOR!!!

i extract the file now what????

Matt540 said:
It not the part about opening the map thats bad, its talking about in general. Whine any longer and complain its unfair at all, the mods will think your the next joethenakedhippo

No they won't. Joe submitted his horrible map over and over and insulted VG 'cause he was a big faggot.

It's hard to get into a protected map if you haven't done it before.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
He's not talking about map protection if you actually read what he posted. Let me answer your question.

-Extract file to your Warcraft III map download directory (usually C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Download)
-Be sure you are able to host.
-Create the game on bnet by browsing for it under the Download section.

If you cannot host because of a router, reply and I'll give you the link for help. If you cannot host because of a firewall, turn it off or allow port 6112.

Level 5
... Go to Single Player, then Custom Games, then download-- then look for it. Then click start game--- are you new to wc3???

Status
Not open for further replies.