• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cant host/play Protected map HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have a similar problem.

I downloaded several w3x formatted maps here.

I put them in my maps folder, I tried changing the file extension to w3m (which made them show up in the list, but they still didn't work), and a few other things.

Nothing worked.

How am I supposed to get these maps to play in WC3? I would REALLY LOVE to play some Gauntlet or Evolution maps, but I can't find my older ones, so I got new ones from here.

Why will they not work?

Yes, I'm a newbie. I've played before, but a friend installed the maps for me.

Thanks,

Dash

Level 1
Oh, how marvellously fun and stuff.

Durn.

I also distinctly remember being able to choose how "smart" each of my enemies was (I could have two hards and one insane and one easy in the same game).

Why can't I do that? Was that an update (patch), or is that only in Frozen Throne?

So yeah...

About the maps...it's not just one or two. It's all six of the ones I downloaded. None work. Is there some kind of update that enables this, or something? In the lower right corner of Warcraft 3's main menu screen, it says v 1.00. Is that the problem?

All I know is that I can't play my favourite maps, and I can't complete a game without lots of allies, because the enemy is too durned smart. I hate rushing, or else I'd just do that...but it's boring, and the game ends quickly. There's no point in playing RTSs if you don't strategise...

I really hope that there's SOME way I can fix this, even if it means getting Frozen Throne. Otherwise, I'll just load up AoE or 40k or SWGB or ST Armada and play those. Those I can handle. More. Than WC3. So many abbreviations.

Dork = me.

Thanks,

Dash

Level 4
I heard from someone that if u change the name it will allow u to see it[that was after this post (yes i do have the latest pacth]) i tried it it works about 1/4 of the time and gets really annoying because i have to dl the same maps over and over agian until that work please if u now a better way tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.