• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I move a Particle Emitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 65
Right, I have searched low and high and I cannot find out how to get a particle emitter to move during an animation, I thought it was attached to a bone, but apparently such is not the case.

This is essential in the making of my next set of models, which I thought were going to be simple.

Specifically, a Dalaran crystal lamp on a chain that hangs from the ceiling, something that I think would quite nicely compliment underground dungeon maps.

HangingLamp.jpg

TL:DR

-I can't find a guide.
-How do I make particle emitters move in an animation?

Level 20
You can adjust the Z value of the particle in the node manager in Magos, but doing so will affect all animations.

You can also manually move the particle in MdlVis I guess, the result would be the same.

Imo the easier way would be to check and doublecheck your bones, in particular the one to which your emitter is attached, there must be something fishy.

Level 20
Well I found that your emitter wasn't attached to a bone actually, that was why he wouldn't follow the lantern! I added some pics so you can see what happened :>

Hope you'll find this useful.

Attachments

• Emitter1.jpg
    Emitter1.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Emitter2.jpg
    Emitter2.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.