• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How Do I make a unit mount another unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
OK, I heard it could be done, but never heard how. My best try: making a transport kodo.

Basicly, I need the Pandaren brewmaster and the Spirit Walker on Kodos.
But I need different types of Kodos. So please no metamorphosis(if there IS an another way, if not- say bout metamorphosis!)

Last edited:
Level 22
well i dont know if this will work since ive never tried it... and if it does work it might look really cheesy and dumb
well anyways on animals there's an attachment point called "mount" so u just make an attachment with the model file of the units you want and just slap it on.
dont kno if it'll work or not but it's worth a try

Level 4
Do you mean such a mounting?

xxxxtf2.png

(I had a bit time and i wanted to see how does an Mountain Giant look out whit a Druid on hes head. :grin: )

Level 4
xxxxel4.png

Easy to make without any trigger. (just add this ability to the normal ability of the unit)

List of attachments:

overhead (floats over the unit's head, but doesn't sway with the head as it animates)
head (sways with the unit's animation)
chest
origin (usually at the base of a unit's feet)
hand
foot
weapon (for heroes)
sprite (for buildings)
medium (for buildings)
large (for buildings)

Attachment Point Modifiers
left
right
mount (for mounted units)
rear (for quadrupeds)
first (for buildings)
second (for buildings)
third (for buildings)
fourth (for buildings)
fifth (for buildings)
sixth (for buildings)
rallypoint (for buildings)

Level 3
@up: rolf xd

@topic: but sereously. There is a way to fix that, something to do with the game or hero cache... ask around. Im a nub too but heck I know this much already >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.