• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I import a video into Warcraft 3 as a Campaign screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im not sure if this is possible, but can i import a video to use as a campaign screen? If so, how? And while videos are being discussed, how do I import it to be used in a interlude? Like after a certain time the video plays. How?

Level 37
1302945237501.jpg

well you can make it look like pictures by importing a flat model using the picture as a texture
Using this method, you can. As you know, videos are just a collection of individual frames. So, a model using the method you mentioned, could contain sets of flat models using the different frames, which when animated, play like a video. This, however will use up alot of space.

Level 19

are you sure you ever did that?
afaik loading screens only support mdx, mdl, blp and tga (probably bmp, too)
none of these is capable of animations like gif or apng

but you can create a 1024x1024 texture and tile it into 8x8 smaller images with 128x128 resolution each and then use that as an animated texture for your loading screen
however you will only have 64 animated frames with bad quality that way
of course you can increase the resolution by decreasing the number of frames or increase both by using a second texture but this will break the file size limit soon

You can create a system that creates and destroyes the images of the frames for the video every 0.03 seconds in-game. (32 FPS)

I might create a system that does that if i have time (The idea came to me a few weeks ago)

Use Photoshop After Effects (Which costs around about $1185)

You guys actually pay for stuff you can easily get for free on the internet??

You can easily find anything you want for free :D
I found Microsoft Visual Fox Pro ($700) after 1.5 hours of searching :)

Level 12
The campaign screens for Dreamlord I and II move. So I know this is possible.

Level 19
so do you just want something moving or a real video with totally different frames?
and how much space do you want to invest? (in megabyte)

You guys actually pay for stuff you can easily get for free on the internet??

the problem is that a few of us live in countries where you actually get sued for pirating software

Level 12
Well the OP seemed to have been confused on the matter, so I figured I would clarify.

I also give an example.

There's no reason for the OP to be confused now.

Status
Not open for further replies.