• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i change the names of the races in game loby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Advanced -> Game Interface.

Note that it loads after the names load, so it actually affects the next game they play.

And every game thereafter till they restart WC3.

I tell you I was scratching my head in confusion when I went to play a maze and it said "ST's ORPG" in the Computer slot.

Level 12
Not if there are no custom race settings.

Been there - done that. Unless its just a issue on my computer, it works that way...and I don't see that being the case.

This may not be what you're looking for, but if you go to the UI\FrameDef\Glue\PlayerSlot.fdf file in the wc3 MPQs (War3xLocal.mpq) and open it in WordPad or NotePad you can edit the names that appear for races on the menu. Unfortunately, this method only works for Mods, not maps, because the new version of the PlayerSlot.fdf file has to be in mod. I have not yet tried importing such a file into a map, but it would be a worthy test.

This method is also useful because you can add races to the menu screen (I have a Race Mod with six races that all appear in that menu for select race) although added ones are not actually functional. (if you click them it selects random instead, don't know why)

Status
Not open for further replies.