• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] How can i use a existing JASS spell as a template for a new spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
look um i am just learning VJASS right now. anyways i want to try and use a already made VJASS spell into a new spell by modifying it ( dont worry this is on a blank test map and will never be released i am just doing this to try n learn stuff)

so anyways, everything seems to be fine at start but when i saved the map JASS helper displayed 1 error.

Scope init already in use.
the original scope looked something like this
JASS:
scope ArcticBlast initializer Init

so i was like ok... maybe i can just change the name of the scope and by pass it. nope wouldnt work, says initi not found and the error points me to the last line which is

end scope.

so what is this scope init function, and how do i use it? is this is like the GUI equivianlate of EVENT function?

Level 4
i am at work atm so i am going off wats based on memory,

but what i did was open a blank map, imported a JASS spell, which worked perfectly fine.

then i made a new catergory copy pasted the imported spell
made new main spell/dummy spells/buffs/dummys in objective editor, given it to the new trigger.
Changed the settings e.g how many missles, how the missles will fly, how much damage will be done

Essentially the blank map have the same spell trigger, one is the original, one is heavily modified.

tried to do save and it says scope initi already in use.
so i just wanted to know what is scope initi and how do u set up a new one?

Level 4
i did, and when i changed the scope i get the error, "scope not found", so i was wondering would i need to change the name somewhere in the body of JASS code as well?

why cant they just use the good old "unit begins the effect of a spell" lol:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.