• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] How can i make this formula

Level 17
Hero deals 0.5x/1.0x/1.5x/2.0x agility damage.

I cannot create this formula. I will be happy if someone can help me. I need template.

I forgot to mention.

Skill level 1: 0.5x
Skill level 2: 1.0x
Skill level 3: 1.5x
Skill level 4: 2.0x

Last edited:
Level 20
  • Set VariableSet Real = ((Real((Agility of YourHero (Include bonuses)))) x 0.50)
Damage is expressed in real numbers, so in order to use an integer, you simply need to tell the game to convert it with this function

1690837510143.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Multiply the Level by 0.5. Then Multiply the Agility by that value.

Break it up using variables if that helps:
  • Set Lvl = (Real(Level of (Ability being cast)))
  • Set LvlDmg = (0.50 x Lvl)
  • Set Agi = (Real(Agility of (Casting unit) include bonuses))
  • Set FinalDmg = (Agi x LvlDmg)
Like others have said you need to convert the Integers into Reals since the Damage is a Real. All of these variables are Reals.

Last edited:
Level 17
I have the feeling that this problem is more complex that it seems, because this guy has a lot of time in the forum and is asking an apparent very simple question.
It is not very simple to me. My math is horrible and i am a stupid person.

@Uncle I was used to doing this like this
  • Unit - Cause Hero_ArcaneMistress to damage (Picked unit), dealing (50.00 + ((Real((Level of Arcane Explosion // for Hero_ArcaneMistress))) x 50.00)) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Unknown
This is why i am so confused about it. I was tried to make it something like this and failed many times. This is why i have created this one.
Thank you for your help

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
So this line here:
  • (50.00 + ((Real((Level of Arcane Explosion // for Hero_ArcaneMistress))) x 50.00)
Says 50 + 50/100/150/200 etc...

We can change it to this for your Agility damage:
  • (0.50 x ((Real((Level of YourAbility // for YourHero))) x (Real(Agility of YourHero include bonuses)))
It's pretty much the same, we just change the + to an x (addition to multiplication) and the last 50.00 to be your Agility, but remember you need to convert Agility to a Real like you're doing with the Level. Also, make sure that you multiply the Level by 0.50 and not the Agility by 0.50

Here's some pictures that may help, I did it a little different than my above example but it's the same outcome.

Step 1, use Arithmetic twice to get this setup:
Arithmetic1.png

Step 2, change the first 1.00 to Agility:
Arithmetic2.png

Step 3, change the next 1.00 to 0.50:
Arithmetic3.png

Step 4, change the last 1.00 to the Level of the ability:
Arithmetic4.png

Of course you should change Avatar and (Triggering unit) to your Ability/Unit.

Last edited:
Level 17
So this line here:
  • (50.00 + ((Real((Level of Arcane Explosion // for Hero_ArcaneMistress))) x 50.00)
Says 50 + 50/100/150/200 etc...

We can change it to this for your Agility damage:
  • (0.50 x ((Real((Level of YourAbility // for YourHero))) x (Real(Agility of YourHero include bonuses)))
It's pretty much the same, we just change the + to an x (addition to multiplication) and the last 50.00 to be your Agility, but remember you need to convert Agility to a Real like you're doing with the Level. Also, make sure that you multiply the Level by 0.50 and not the Agility by 0.50

Here's some pictures that may help, I did it a little different that my above example but it's the same outcome.

Step 1, use Arithmetic twice to get this setup:
View attachment 442101
Step 2, change the first 1.00 to Agility:
View attachment 442102
Step 3, change the next 1.00 to 0.50:
View attachment 442103
Step 4, change the last 1.00 to the Level of the ability:
View attachment 442104
Of course you should change Avatar and (Triggering unit) to your Ability/Unit.
I was already implemented your previous method but thank you so much for your explanation. Still i don't know when the open and close brackets. This is amazing explanation.