• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can i make dispel not remove positive buffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I basically am making an RPG and the healers have dispel to remove negative effects, Dots etc. However there is an enchantress class and the dispel removes her buffs from allies as well as the enemy dots.

Level 11
There isn't an AoE spell that does exactly what you want but here's all I can think of that you can work with.

Spell Steal - Allows you to remove a single Positive Buff from an Enemy and apply it to a random ally unit OR removes a negative buff from an ally and applies it to a random enemy.

Dispel - AoE Dispels all buffs, negative and positive. Can also deal damage to summoned units in an Area.

Disenchant - AoE Dispels all buffs, negative and positive. Can also deal damage to summoned units in an Area.

Abolish Magic - Dispels all Positive Buffs from a target enemy or removes all Negative buffs from an Ally. Can also deal damage to a target summoned unit.

Devour Magic - Removes ALL buffs in an area and gives the caster mana and health for each buff devoured.

Purge - Removes all Buffs and can be changed to pause, or slow a target. Also deals damage to summoned units.

Channel - Can be made unit or point targetable, instant or channeled; you can then trigger the spell to remove positive buffs from enemies and negative from allies in an AoE.

Level 4
Okay i looked in to it more and I am currently using abolish magic not dispel (sorry about that)

However abolish is removing positive effects such as inner fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.