• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How can i make an event with item pick up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys
How can i make an event with item pick up? i've tryed with:" A unit Acquires an item" but it dosn't work. I want to make this event because i want a ring to give 2500 hp, i can't just give my hero strength because it will increase the atk bonus as well. So what do i do?

Level 37
Use Item life bonus ability for this. Copy and paste some itembonus life ability. Give the ability 3 levels. Set level 1 bonus to 0, level 2 bonus to 2500 and level 3 bonus to -2500.

Event
Unit acquires an item
Condition
Item type of item being manipulated == your item type
Actions
Add ability
Set ability level to 3
Remove ability

^That will make the unit gain 2500 health.

Do the same for Unit loses an ability, but set the level to 2.

Level 17
Hey guys
How can i make an event with item pick up? i've tryed with:" A unit Acquires an item" but it dosn't work. I want to make this event because i want a ring to give 2500 hp, i can't just give my hero strength because it will increase the atk bonus as well. So what do i do?

u cant increase the unit hp above than max hp with a simple trigger, u must use trick.

example item hp gain ability, example if item ability at default give 50 hp then change ability and make 2 lv, at level 1 ability give 0 hp, at level 2 set to -1000 hp, if u add to unit this ability and set ability level 2 and remove it then unit have +1000 max hp

another side here the tutorial
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/81466-Set-Unit-Maximum-HP-and-Mana

also i made this too in my orpg template what is my signature

A unit Acquires an item is the right event, try it and display a text, u will see its work just max hp modification no :p

Level 33
Pretty much all instructions are in here, enjoy.

But that is dynamic changing HP, what you want is constant so just follow what Maker suggested

Negative value for the data is to ADD HP
Positive value for the data is to REDUCE HP

Use Item Life Bonus Ability as your base ability.

Attachments

• Simple Changing Max HP System.w3x
    13.9 KB · Views: 36
Level 4
Thank you very much!
- One last question, why can't i set negative values?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.