• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i get might and magic heroes 6 to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Sadly, I have HOMM6 too. I had windows7 for a while, I installed HOMM6 and worked perfectly. Than I switched back to Vista because I don't like w7 at all, and HOMM6 isn't working anymore.

Level 34
That's really odd, the game says it works for XP, VIsta, and Windows 7.

Are you running the instillation as Administrator? If you aren't sure, go to "Computer", double click the drive your CD is in, find the instillation execute ("install.exe" for example), right click it, and choose "run as administrator".

No idea if that is even possible in Vista since I've barely used it and don't own any copies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

i purchased the collectors edition of the game. it gets to the end of the installation before it say cant register into game explorer or something like that.

Sounds to me you just need to run the setup.exe as administrator and it should work fine.

Level 15
"it gets to the end of the installation before it say cant register into game explorer or something like that."
I got that for the Game borderlands,its a SECUROM issue,the game have a Anti piraty Dl file which detects that there are some piratecy Software and Doesn't allow to Updgrade the licence of the game.
Sadly my only recomendation is to Format the pc,and try on Windows 7,since get rid of securom is a bit hard.
Sorry for my english,is horrible.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
"it gets to the end of the installation before it say cant register into game explorer or something like that."
I got that for the Game borderlands,its a SECUROM issue,the game have a Anti piraty Dl file which detects that there are some piratecy Software and Doesn't allow to Updgrade the licence of the game.
Sadly my only recomendation is to Format the pc,and try on Windows 7,since get rid of securom is a bit hard.
Sorry for my english,is horrible.
MaMH6 uses secure rom? As far as I am aware it just uses online authentication...

It works perfectly on Windows 7 machines. That is next to the million game breaking bugs but that has nothing to do with OS incompatibility. I do admit I had problem with the installation freezing at about 80% the first time I tried but that was once off (it installed perfectly the next time I tried).

Try upgrading to windows 7, MS themselves said Vista is a piece of junk and have already started to drop support for it.

Level 34
Try upgrading to windows 7, MS themselves said Vista is a piece of junk and have already started to drop support for it.
I don't think this is necessary at all. A good idea, probably, but you treat it like it's something anyone can do on a whim. I still use XP since OS cost silly amounts of money.

Level 21
windows 7 was built on top of vista so it is much worse. it might however be compatible to a bigger degree but that doesnt help when the system is so bad. though that isnt the reason i started this topic. i tried to run the installation program as administrator but that didnt help at all. it seems that the game is using some custom form of steam but i dont wont to add it to the real thing.

Level 34
Custom form of Steam? Did you buy the game from Steam?

Note: Windows 7 is a huge improvement to Vista. Which isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

Level 14
Custom form of Steam? Did you buy the game from Steam?

Note: Windows 7 is a huge improvement to Vista. Which isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

Yeah, more stuff seems to work on Vista for me and on W7 doesn't. Currently I wouldn't trade Vista for W7 just because HOMM6 isn't working.

Level 34
Try installing to C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Might & Magic Heroes VI rather than C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Might & Magic Heroes VI.

Level 34
Try to run the Setup.exe in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2.
It's under properties.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
As far as I am aware, there is no need for this "game explorer" software. The only software I had to install for MaMH6 was the Uplay system (for authentication) and the actual MaMH6 game. Ofcourse there was miscilanious prequisits like some DX files and the VisualC++ redistributables (both of which can be downloaded separatly from MS).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I ran the installer from the disc autorun. It then proceeded to load a setup client after a long time (discs are slow). It then let me configure my installation and then finally proceeded to install. It crashed once during install, but the second time installed flawlessly. The game then had to load a 300 MB patch before I could play it.

Level 21
i have tried to install it maybe at least 5 times on my vista pc and each time the problem is the same. [INTERNAL] cant register into game explorer or something like that. i dont have the uplay system you mentioned and it isnt on the cd. please tell me where i can find it.

Last edited:
Level 21
i already installed it into a non default folder without that helping. my anti virus programs are mostly disabled so that solution doesnt help me. seems that microsoft game explorer had to run during the game`s installation for it to work. one problem remains though. since i need a uplay account to play the game but uplay doesnt support it anymore it means that i cant play it. could you help me with that.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
since i need a uplay account to play the game but uplay doesnt support it anymore it means that i cant play it. could you help me with that.
I do not understand what you mean by Uplay not supporting it anymore... The game requires Uplay inorder to run it and Uplay requires an account with the game key attached to it (found on the back of one of the incase documents).

I just tested now, and when I go to play it logs me into Uplay and allows me to play. Thus Uplay must still support the game.

If it really is throwing you an error like "Uplay does not support Might and Magic - Heroes 6" then I sujest contacting tech support as that is not making any sense.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
When trying to play the game it should bring up the Uplay client. This client then will ask you to log in / make an account. Make a new Uplay account or use an existing one if you already have one from other Ubisoft games. Then you will be asked to enter your key (found on one of the documents in the DVD holder) inorder to attach the game to your Uplay account. After attachment is complete you should log into the Heroes 6 Uplay portal called "conflux" with a huge play button you can press to start the game.

I have attached 2 images to deponstrate what you should be getting when trying to play the game.

attachment.php

This is the Uplay conflux portal where you can start Might and Magic Heroes 6.

attachment.php
This is the actual log in screen, the screen I was presented with when I first installed the game but before I created my Uplay account (via the register button) and before I attached a copy of Might and Magic Heroes 6 to it. This all should pop up when trying to play the game directly.

I have no idea why the game is giving you so much trouble. I hope Ubisoft fixes this sort of problem as it is not very fair that people like you are given so much hassle to play.

Attachments

• Uplay1.jpg
    Uplay1.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 556
  • Uplay2.jpg
    Uplay2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 837
Level 21
windows 7 was built on top of vista just like vista was built on top of xp and xp was built on top of something else.
all uplay heroes 6 sites have been removed. though it makes sense that people that registered before they dropped support will still be able to log in. i havent registered yet so that train is gone.(a norwegian expression that means that it too late to do something.)

Status
Not open for further replies.