• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can i edit models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
so say ive got a model... and i wanted to change his hair style and color, and the color of his robes. How would i do this? Would i need a model editing program? If so, can anyone give me a good one.

Level 3
so i downloaded one of the programs, and it works fine. But the stuff is in MDL format, and i dont have a converter to bring an MDL to a BLP.

Level 6
MDL and MDX are model formats. BLP is a texture format. The models provides the shape and movement and the texture colors the outside of the model. To edit the hair style, you would need a model editing program. this or this should work. To edit the hair color and robe color, you would need a texturing tool. I'd suggest searching for a tutorial. The basic idea is to take BLP, convert to TGA (a format that many image programs can edit), edit that file, and then convert back to BLP.

Status
Not open for further replies.