• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Edit existing models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Im a noob to ths modeling stuff but i have managed to figure out how to remove stuff frm units bt this modding has its limits, u cn only take so much stuff away frm u unit...I have seen the models posted and to me (noob perspective) they look like bits of other models chopped up and put back together to make a new one with different skins etc. Is there a way i cn edit models by doing this instead of the scary 3dsmax and all that stuff? cnt i just choose model and chop and stretch it exixting frame etc.? like i said im a noob

[edit]
Ok that problem is fixed got models into gmax, now here sthe next proble. Ive edited everythng bt hw do i get the model out into mdl or mdx? ive like tried to tutorial and ive copied sum text into notepad, but wtf do i do now? it says save it into mdl. how dus the text become mdl? this is so irratating pls help me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.