• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castable stationary invis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have tried making this ability which is essentialy like a castable shadow meld during the day etc. The target unit of ability becomes invisible for X amt of time bt if the target moves attacks etc. the invisi buff is removed and cn be seen. So u cast the ability on an ally and they stand still and stay invisible then move when they want to and are not invisible. Seems simple like a shadowmeld bt during the day and castable in concept, but just a castable stationary invisibility. I cnt seem to do this , i tried basing it off of everythng frm frenzy to castable invisi and have used invisi potions, i cnt get it to work.:cry:PLs help

Iv tried making it so that when the target unit of the ability being cast leaves a region which is essentially a region around the caster it becomes visible again. bt i cnt do it!! this would also mean that the spell can not be cast on the caster which is ok, but this is just another deviation from my original plan. bt i cnt get this to work either. Either form of the ability is fine, pls help.

Level 5
condition?

what would the condition be for the unit moving/attacking turn off buff trigger?

ok i found the strings move attack orders, hw do i relate the ordered unit to the target unit of the ability?

Level 5
Invisicast
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to castable invisi
Actions
Unit - Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to Stop
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff CasInvisibility ) Equal to True
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
Then - Actions
Unit - Remove CasInvisibility buff from (Target unit of ability being cast)
Else - Actions
Do nothing
This is where i am now. Dusnt seem to work. Im sure im doing sumthing wrng

Level 21
you need separate triggers:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to castable invisi
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to Stop
  • Events
    • Unit - a unit is issued an order
  • Conditions
    • Order - Issued order equal to order "move"
  • Actions
    • ?
I'm not sure what to use as action in the last trigger, since I think solely removing the buff will only remove the little icon at your unit, and not the actual effect. What you could do is something like: unit - replace triggering unit by a triggering unit-type unit using the old HP/mana.

• Invisible cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Hide Cast
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Hide that works in morning
      • Unit - Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to Night Elf Sentinels - Hide
      • Unit - Remove Hide that works in morning from (Target unit of ability being cast)
i didnt test it but shouldnt that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.