• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i disable warnings when entering safe sites in internet explorer 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
i use internet explorer 7 because i prefer it. internet explorer 8 probably have too much security and 9 is dangerous.(because it draws power directly from the hardware.) i have seen what kind of damage that can do with diablo 2. i have used firefox but i found it to be rather unstable. i stay away from anything google related.

Level 15
internet explorer 8 probably have too much security

Is that a bad thing?

9 is dangerous.(because it draws power directly from the hardware.) i have seen what kind of damage that can do with diablo 2

... What? Can you please elaborate upon this.

i have used firefox but i found it to be rather unstable

And IE7 isn't? That browser can still be crashed by HTML: http://www.crashie.com/

i stay away from anything google related.

Google is our beloved overlord, obey them.

Level 21
i have a lot of problems because of the high security in vista. diablo 2 draws power directly from the hardware and pcs eventually stop working properly if it is played on them enough. (Microsoft said that internet explorer 9 would draw power directly from the hardware.)

Level 15
i have a lot of problems because of the high security in vista

Thats because Vista is a piece of shit, IE8 is a fuckload better than 7 though

diablo 2 draws power directly from the hardware and pcs eventually stop working properly if it is played on them enough. (Microsoft said that internet explorer 9 would draw power directly from the hardware.)

I don't understand the logic behind this... Are you saying that the Hardware Acceleration in IE9 will kill computers? As well as running a videogame from 2001? Do you have ANY idea of how a computer works?

Level 15
Hyperthreading would do nothing to help Windows, you likely had a general hardware failure due to the age of the computer. Or due to lack of software maintenance, Windows degraded to the point where it was slow, which is caused by you, not Diablo 2.

And try IE8 now, or one of the other browsers, you had nothing negative to say about Opera :/

Level 21
the fact remains that my pc can run windows perfectly with hyper threading but can barely get it to work without it and then only very partially. i dont have any knowledge of opera i just dont want to use a browser that have a music based name. safari works well but is terminated by world of warcraft at times.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Reading this thread left me speachless for many minutes due to all the false beliefs going around...

Firstly, ALL PROPER GAMES are graphic hardware accelerated. WC3, SC2, CoD, TES4, WoW, even crap games like universe at war are all hardware accelerated. The only damage they can cause to your hardware is physical damage in the case that you give them more computational resources than your cooling can cope with (overheats as in the case of the 8800GT in SC2) but that will not occur on properly cooled systems.

D2 is so old that you mostly run it in Software Render mode due to incompatibility or bugs with new hardware. Doing this will not even maximize a single core on modern multi core CPUs so there is no risk at all of overheating unless your computer catches fire running youtube. Your GPU does nothing in software render mode (only memory and interfaces are loaded).

Internet Explorer 8 is WAY WAY WAY better than IE7. It is safer, faster and more stable (comparitivly). I am using IE8 to write this very message and never get any warnings on this site (next to some signatures trigger it).

The cause of your compute slowing was not D2, like BlargHonk said it must be hardware failing (like a disk drive meaning reading and writing to disk take longer) or software (some program using a lot of system resources). I can garuntee you that as long as your computer has cooling to run modern games, there is no way D2 can be attributed to slowing it down (unless you count the time you spent playing D2 as computers have a limited running life and that goes for all programs it runs).

Level 15
(unless you count the time you spent playing D2 as computers have a limited running life and that goes for all programs it runs).

That statement I can tell will confuse him, so I will elaborate

Computers cannot last forever, things such as hard drives, which have intricate moving parts, will fail. Even boards/power supplies can fail over time from capacitors going bad, they will not last forever, and 10 years is about what you can expect from a well built one. (not counting the HDD, those last about 5 years usually)

Status
Not open for further replies.