• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

How can I attach Attachments???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Need help guys!!! I have downloaded some nice attachments, but have no clue how to attach them to a model. E.g. I've downloaded the Bloodsword and the Human Guard. I want the guy to use the sword, but don't know how to do it. Please help, he looks so desperate without a weapon :lol: ! Thanks

Level 3
Hello,

you have to do the following.

Create an Ability like Sword Attach
The ability has a property where u can set the attachments. You have to set the attachmentpoint and the model.

Create a Trigger like "A unit gains an item" "item of type X" "Give unit ability Y"

Where X is the item (like a sword) and Y is the ability which has the attachment.

Level 1
Thanks but I still have problems. I've created a ability "bloodsword attach", then used the bloodsword.MDX as model in the line "graphic - target". In the Line "target-Attachments" I set "1". in the next line I set "weapon". I also created the trigger as you said. But when I start the map and use the ability on the sword i picked up, the game says "item can not be transformed". So what am I to do now? But thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.