• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Estate - yet another single player survival map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
This is my first map that I ever have actual chance of finishing. Guys I am new here and I need some testers for the map. Map was started in 2009 but since I am(was, thanks god for that ;) ) working at a bank my time was too short to do any progress.

This is the unfinished loading screen for which I thank the guys from the 'Need a Loading Screen' great topic.
1111.jpg

This is the map I am creating. It is single player and I am aiming at a high amount of usable exported models. Full list of credits is still yet to come.
View attachment early test.w3x

If there are some kind gentlemen to test my map and give me some thoughts about :

- Lag in outdoor areas. Is it playable. (due to the mist, dust,rain tends to lag at some points)
- Main hero - Spells and ingame behaviour. (Some spells are not done - like the 'summon misha')
- Story - dialogues, understandable story? . ( Most dialogues are still to be reworked as I changed the main story, but the dialogues are still old #and pretty bad# )
- Boss Fight
- Camera angles I chose for the map
- Some suggestions about terrain would also be nice, especially for the underground zone.

Many thanks to anyone who would bother testing it.

p.s. If I am in violation of any forum rules (I bet I am altho I read them like 3 times , doh) please don't delete my topic but give me a clue at how to build it so I can edit it.

Last edited:
Level 28
Okay bro I'll try this our for yah.

EDIT:

Dude your terrain is awesome, very detailed, I love your style bro. Bad thing is you have lots of doodads on one place that makes the camera movement rough. But meh I still love the terrain.

One thing that you should take a look are your grammar and spellings, also you need to time your actions accurately, improving the scripts will also help.

Also you might want to ping the objectives, i'm kinda loss on map when I played it. And fix those green icons, tooltips and other small flaws.

Right now this is a very interesting project.. epic terrain, you just need to add more gameplay features on it.

Last edited:
Level 14
Thanks for the try my friend. I am trying to keep it as simple as possible. In my opinion a sack of fancy systems can loose the joy of gameplay at some point.

Did you have any problems with lag or low fps at the outdoor areas?

p.s. Since I started the map so long ago I had no idea back then what a leak is and how to fix it. I plan to fix all (meh, most) leaks after I completely finish it.

As a survival gotta-explore-unknown way map I find it fitting to not give objectives to make it more wander-around kind of map.

For the camera I am still not sure if I must put it on locked on player or unlock it.

Level 14
Lordkoon, if you want, I can make the thread better.

Just give me the info that you want me to put(lore, gameplay info, screenshots etc) then then leave the rest to me. (and yeah, I love making cool threads :p)

That would be great.
Alas as I will be heavily working on the star wars entry for the contest I neglected this project for a while.

I will come back here after I finish the other map. Next month I will send you some info, screenshots and other stuff.
Thanks again!

RED BARON I haven't added the loading screen yet because I changed the story in the game and the text it pretty much out of date for it. If you would like to update it I will send you the new text and resend you the image. Again in HQ if possible :wink:

(giant p.s. As I was very bad at triggering <I still am xd> when I started this map I have idiotically large amount of leaks. It would be a tiresome work to fix them all by myself so I might need to assemble a team for : map presentation in the hive , 2d art designer to make some pretty effects on the topic <signature-logo, etc.> and a trigger guy who can clean the mess I made . Ofc everyone would be creditable and properly displayed after the map is ready.)

Level 35
RED BARON I haven't added the loading screen yet because I changed the story in the game and the text it pretty much out of date for it. If you would like to update it I will send you the new text and resend you the image. Again in HQ if possible :wink:

Should be possible, I might even still have original psd file. I'll check when I get some time.

My god this is one of the most exciting maps I've played in a while. Warcraft 3 is missing some good horror style maps and this one is great. I didn't get very far but damn I like it. The obvious things like grammar need working on.
The terrain is pretty cool. I like what you did with the visibility and the fog. Story is pretty good. I didn't get any lag. I like the intensity of the game as well. When the infected came at the troops and everyone was running I was on the edge of my seat. So overall it's a pretty damn good map you made. Keep working on it!

Level 14
Total_Warrior thank you for the positive thoughts. There are many more situations where you have to defend from hordes of infected later in the game.
In my opinion the music/sounds in such type of games contribute A LOT to it. I hope you like what I came up with.

Level 4
Whoa, tat epic terrain.... I gotta admit I got scared when I was about to do the mission inside the house......... and has a great soundtracks too.

The bad thing is you gotta fix your grammar mistakes, improve it a little more and your done :)

Level 14
Oh I just checked what I uploaded at page 1. The sound is completely wrong I will fix it in the future. Some sounds play not when they are supposed to. I guess I forgot to turn off the mansion sounds.

Few screenshots from first 10 minutes of gameplay added.
WC3ScrnShot_052812_093506_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_052812_093947_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_052812_094810_03.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_052812_094905_04.jpg

Last edited:
Level 14
The Terrain Looks Awsome Creepy ,

BTW ,
Can I Join Your Project As A Project Team ..
Im Terrain :D Can I Help Dude ..
I am glad you like it.
Right now I am too busy to continue this map. And it needs TONS of reworking on triggers and stuff.
Thanks for the kind offer but I won't be working on this project for a while.
In some months, I hope in august I can return to it. Then I might be looking for some helpers and testers.

Level 16
I tried the game, better than i expected o.o

I made game like this before, but i decided to scrap it.

xD

Since scripting AI is real hard (ghost enemies epic.).
And dem boss fights. And i don't have sound resources too.
(Where did you find them?)

Well, good luck with this! :D

I find this really awesome!

AND Last thing..!, DEM SPELLING MISTAKES ALL OVER, Pls fix it o.o

Level 14
I am planing many fixes but I will have time for this map hopefully in August. (Probably gonna need help for the grammar)
Affinity choices are majorly 'bad guy' , 'good guy'. For now they only affect a part of the game later when the hero has to take keys from the mysterious child. There according to affinity points James will either talk out the kid to give him the keys or force him to give them. Both of those actions will have diffrent outcome later in the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.