• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Harrowed Dawn - Single Player Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi all,

My first post on this site, WHOOT! :thumbs_up: Anyway, I thought since I have nothing interesting to say on any other forums I would submit a map I have recently finished making on here to get some feedback and so on. It is the first map belonging to a single player campaing I am making, "The Harrowed Dawn" and is the only finished one so far (maps 2 and 3 are WIPS). I have tried to blend elements of the feel of orignal WC3 single player campaigns, and classic RPG style, i.e. including spell book system, manual hero stat selection and so on. It's pretty much the first map I ever fully completed, so it isn't anything spectacular I'm afraid, and I'm by no means a map making expert :smile:

So, the story so far involves a young warrior returning to his home village from a long and fruitless hunting trip. Upon his return, he discovers that in his absence a troop of travelling mercenaries have set up camp near his town. The mercenaries have been causing trouble for the villagers, and our hero is asked by the captain of the town guard to go and deal with them. Anyway, when he goes to confront their leader, the young warrior quickly finds himself unwillingly becoming caught up in their business and their grand plan...

That's all I can say because that's as far as I have got so far. Anyway, please feel free to check it out, and I will include it as a single map because it is simpler than uploading a campaign for the sake of one map I guess. :thumbs_up:

Oh and here are some other cool features I have included already in maps 2 and 3, or will include in later maps:

-Party system (choosing who to hire, release and so on)
-Party reputation and alignment
-Units levelling to heroes experience system

CHEERS, HERMAN THE GIBBON

P.S - Sorry for being horribly off topic here but I just wondered if wc3campaigns.net are having difficulties with their site or wether it is just my internet as I uploaded this map there for feedback aswell but haven't been able to get on to see if anyone has left any for a couple of days now. It says something about 404 being unavailable or something (I'm not technically minded :confused:)

Attachments

• Chapter I The Return Of A Hero.w3x
    178.9 KB · Views: 155
Level 3
Hi, I tested a bit your map. I believe the initial text/cinematics are way too fast. I barely could reach reading half the text and it would clear the screen.
The fog is too intense also. I restarted the map once thinking it could be some bug, but later I noticed it is a fixed fog setting in the map. Maybe you swaped zstart and zend?
The history seens very promising, and I believe the terrain is very good.

Level 8
OK thanls guys. Well I'll make the opening texts a bit slower (I always set it to my reading speed since nobody else has played before). I'll fix the fog aswell, but there's probably no point uploading a new version just for those changes. Thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.