• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How about the fury globes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
well, i dont know if you get noticed, but, the new rage/fury system of the barbarian is based on 3 globes that remplaces the numeric format of the mana. some abilities doesnt use fury and some other affect the regeneration of this.
Hope you can get this into the map, coz its looks like a goddamn thing! :D
Anyway, here you got a screenie of the system, there arent any pic with the system on workin yet.

blizzcast_d301.jpg

Level 4
How old is that screenshot? When I played it at BlizzCon08, there was an orange Rage Globe.

Level 17
How old is that screenshot? When I played it at BlizzCon08, there was an orange Rage Globe.

Your totally right, just a several days after that screenshot, they changed it entierly into a "rage" system. When you use your "rage", it goes down very quick, but it also heals very fast. But that point is that your only able to use 2/3 spells before you have to wait until your rage is back. Barbarian is a hack and slash character.
Am i right Sixen? I didnt play it myself but i think that is how it works.

But actually, we have fury points for the barbarian if you havent noticed.
Just look at the gold. Everytime you as a spell it goess up, when you have 5 Fury points (gold) you will get a random "combo" spell as cloudwolf call it that you can use once then it resets to 0 again. I dont really like that feature at the moment but well, what can i do about it :p

By the way Sixen! What did the button to the right of the boots do? Was it for the runes or something? Or wasnt it clickable? :p
Becouse it looks like 7 small sockets on the button for me, but i can be entierly wrong there.

Level 4
Your totally right, just a several days after that screenshot, they changed it entierly into a "rage" system. When you use your "rage", it goes down very quick, but it also heals very fast. But that point is that your only able to use 2/3 spells before you have to wait until your rage is back. Barbarian is a hack and slash character.
Am i right Sixen? I didnt play it myself but i think that is how it works.
That's correct! =). It's similar to the Warrior's Rage system in World of Warcraft if you've ever played that before.

But actually, we have fury points for the barbarian if you havent noticed.
Just look at the gold. Everytime you as a spell it goess up, when you have 5 Fury points (gold) you will get a random "combo" spell as cloudwolf call it that you can use once then it resets to 0 again. I dont really like that feature at the moment but well, what can i do about it :p
This more closely resembles a Rogue from World of Warcraft.

By the way Sixen! What did the button to the right of the boots do? Was it for the runes or something? Or wasnt it clickable? :p
Becouse it looks like 7 small sockets on the button for me, but i can be entierly wrong there.
That button was removed in the Blizzcon build, the whole inventory looked completely different. That screenshot is very outdated, :p.

The rune system was pretty interesting though.. You can insert/remove runes at your leisure, none were stuck with how you placed them. So you could use one, then find a new one and move them around, which was very nice.

Level 6
The rune system was pretty interesting though.. You can insert/remove runes at your leisure, none were stuck with how you placed them. So you could use one, then find a new one and move them around, which was very nice.

wow thanks you sixen i dint know that you can remove them and add another one! thats one of the main reason ill pre-order this as soon as i can.

That button was removed in the Blizzcon build, the whole inventory looked completely different. That screenshot is very outdated, :p.

im sure its a hidden feature that they dont want to show us until the game is released.

back on the topic, could be a great idea but i like the way that it is right now.

there could be a few of them like a 5% chance of drop.

Level 4
wow thanks you sixen i dint know that you can remove them and add another one! thats one of the main reason ill pre-order this as soon as i can.

Mmmm, there are some pretty cool new features and systems in D3.

im sure its a hidden feature that they dont want to show us until the game is released.

back on the topic, could be a great idea but i like the way that it is right now.

there could be a few of them like a 5% chance of drop.

I believe this was already brought up once on the D3GDF and Bashiok stated that the screenshot was outdated.

Level 17
This more closely resembles a Rogue from World of Warcraft.
No. Not at all. The only similar thing is the number "5".
In wow the main thing with it is that your other attacks get stronger for every point.
But in our you dont get anything until you have 5 points and all abilitys give one point + you get a random spell when you reach 5. I have played rogue in wow for about 4 years so i think i know what im talking about...

0zk

0zk

Level 1
if i remember corretly there is a video of the system in action i'll look it up and post it... if i find it xD

Level 4
No. Not at all. The only similar thing is the number "5".
In wow the main thing with it is that your other attacks get stronger for every point.
But in our you dont get anything until you have 5 points and all abilitys give one point + you get a random spell when you reach 5. I have played rogue in wow for about 4 years so i think i know what im talking about...

It's just like the Rogue's spell system, heh. Once you "earn" points, you use them on spells. You gain points by attacking enemies.

Level 17
It's just like the Rogue's spell system, heh. Once you "earn" points, you use them on spells. You gain points by attacking enemies.

Then you got it wrong.
Okey, you earn points by attacking units, but thats all.
In wow your abilitys gets stronger by using them.
But in our map you get one temporary ability to use after 5 points.
In wow you can use it when you have one point and you dont get new spells, your spells just gets stronger, dont try to compare them please.

Level 1
Ew, I had to make an account just to correct all of the misinformation in this thread.

Fury decreases when you are not attacking or being hit, and recharges when you are attacking or being hit. You basically have to be in combat to use any of the barb's fury skills.

Also if I am correct, the three fury globe system was implemented after blizzcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.