• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barbarian Fury System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
If you've played the barbarian in v1.17, you'll notice the fury system in place :p Basically, each time a barbarian uses a spell, he gets 1 fury point. When his points reach 5 he gets a random combo ability.

However! Many people have expressed dissapointment in the system, so I'm collecting ideas on how to improve it :)

Some ideas already expressed include:

- The combo spells should be featured inside a spellbook, allowing the player to use them whenever they wish.

- A more advanced combo system, where the ability generated depends on the order of spells used.

Soo.... Any more ideas? :D

Level 17
I have a rather nice idea i think.
In the spell book, you have passive abilitys that says what all the combo spells do and also what spells you need to use and it what order you need to do it.
When you success to do the combo, the spell book gets removed and the ability you got appears there insted.
And then when you use the ability, you get back your spellbook and the spell dissapers.

I like the idea atleast xP

But i would go with a skill tree before a combo system becouse the skill tree is one important thing and that is what makes your character unique if you doesnt count with the stats.

Level 19
I have a rather nice idea i think.
In the spell book, you have passive abilitys that says what all the combo spells do and also what spells you need to use and it what order you need to do it.
When you success to do the combo, the spell book gets removed and the ability you got appears there insted.
And then when you use the ability, you get back your spellbook and the spell dissapers.

I like the idea atleast xP

But i would go with a skill tree before a combo system becouse the skill tree is one important thing and that is what makes your character unique if you doesnt count with the stats.

Sounds like a plan. Would you like to get started on the basics for the skill tree so we could actually start on it? I still need to fix the same ol' bugs for the inventory.

Level 17
1 "Fury" combo skill, so that after gaining x points he gets +MS and +AS for short duration.

Sounds good to me becouse i seriusly HATE the custom spells, we should keep it original and that way we wont have enough spells to have combo spells.

So why not just make him go into a rage state when he reaches 5 points?
Or
for each point, he gets a stronger rage ability, and when you use it, the points goes down to 0 again? and the maximum level of it is 5.

Level 16
well, i think that you need to remove that system, coz, that not appear in the gameplay trailer. Btw, if you add a spell tree, like the real Diablo, you dont will need that combo system.
Basically, i dont like the combo system and i think that not resemble the trailer.
Thats my opinion. :)

Level 17
well, i think that you need to remove that system, coz, that not appear in the gameplay trailer. Btw, if you add a spell tree, like the real Diablo, you dont will need that combo system.
Basically, i dont like the combo system and i think that not resemble the trailer.
Thats my opinion. :)

That is my opinion as well, that is exactly what im saying.
BUT, from the beggining there was a fury system, you could get 3 fury points and use them somehow... then they basicly removed the system and started to use a rage system insted, and currently this map uses both :p

Level 19
That is my opinion as well, that is exactly what im saying.
BUT, from the beggining there was a fury system, you could get 3 fury points and use them somehow... then they basicly removed the system and started to use a rage system insted, and currently this map uses both :p

I never liked the combo system. Lets replace it with the skill tree from Diablo 2 or 3 if we got any knowledge about that one.

Level 17
I never liked the combo system. Lets replace it with the skill tree from Diablo 2 or 3 if we got any knowledge about that one.

I have knownledge from the diablo 2 skill tree as i have played diablo 2 for about 3 years myself. It is pretty much like the one in WoW but you "combine" spells, for example.
Lets say you can have "leap", "fury" & "Rage".
If you add a point too "Rage" your ability Fury gets boosted so it gets stronger too.
The abilitys is connected so you can make a spell better by upgrading another one. And insted of just having it as proffesions, the skills you learn in the skill tree is your online skills, not just boosts.

Level 19
I have knownledge from the diablo 2 skill tree as i have played diablo 2 for about 3 years myself. It is pretty much like the one in WoW but you "combine" spells, for example.
Lets say you can have "leap", "fury" & "Rage".
If you add a point too "Rage" your ability Fury gets boosted so it gets stronger too.
The abilitys is connected so you can make a spell better by upgrading another one. And insted of just having it as proffesions, the skills you learn in the skill tree is your online skills, not just boosts.

This will required triggered spells. Not a problem considering that's what we're actually aiming to do anyway.

Level 17
the spell tree of Diablo 2 and 3 is really similar to the talent tree of Wow, also, i know a webpage where there are a web based version of the Diablo III spell trees. the problem is that web is in spanish. But, i can try to translate it for you.

Well, the talent tree in wow is based on the skill tree in diablo 2.
And the skill tree in diablo III is a "fusion" (i think thats how you say it) of both.

But are you sure that the site even contains real stuff? It might be fake :S

Level 30
its contains real stuff, cuz the mostly of the things that are posted on it are translated from the Blizzard Forum to spanish. Anyway, this is the web that the other web hav information. This wiki is the law! x3
here is the talent tree's info:
-Barbarian.
-Witch Doctor.
-Wizard.

Obvioulsy, there arent many abilities, coz there are only the ones that blizzard had revealed.

oooh nice :D They even provide an icon for each spell ;) We could turn those into some warcraft icons :D

Status
Not open for further replies.