• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Improvement for the heal/mana globes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys,
I recently played a map that's called 'The Growling Winds'.
It features some things that could be useful for this project too,
but I know that the Tech Tree is already discussed elsewhere ;)

What is slightly more interesting is the heal and mana globes system.
You don't have to right click them, you actually just walk over them
and your whole party gets a little heal.

So I though this may be a little more diablo threeish and could improve
the comfort of playing as well. In the heat of battle it can sometimes
be very frustrating when you try to right-click these nasty little globes,
and in D3 you just have to walk over them, too.

Would be nice to have this kind of globes in 1.18 :grin:

Level 19
Hey guys,
I recently played a map that's called 'The Growling Winds'.
It features some things that could be useful for this project too,
but I know that the Tech Tree is already discussed elsewhere ;)

What is slightly more interesting is the heal and mana globes system.
You don't have to right click them, you actually just walk over them
and your whole party gets a little heal.

So I though this may be a little more diablo threeish and could improve
the comfort of playing as well. In the heat of battle it can sometimes
be very frustrating when you try to right-click these nasty little globes,
and in D3 you just have to walk over them, too.

Would be nice to have this kind of globes in 1.18 :grin:

I actually suggested that idea quite some time ago. This is a feature in Diablo 3 so hopefully we'll incorporate it in version 1.18 if we got time if not then it'll be in for 1.19. :p

Level 16
Oh, i played that map too. And i saw it. It's a good idea to add, the only thing i can say that is a bit difficult to pic up the globes in Growling Winds, because his "area to pick up" (i don't know how to call they xD ) is very small. So, if you add those, make the "area of pick up" bigger. :)

Level 2
I just laughed really hard, realising that "The Growling Winds" is a map by CloudWolf too (great job btw :p).

But I want to expand this topic a bit, as I realised that sometimes there are not enough heal globes, especially when you are low on health.

My new suggestion is flexible drop rates for heal globes, depending on the hero's (or the entire group's) life, meaning: when you are low on health, the chance for having a heal globe dropped is higher than if you are at nearly full health (or 60-70%?).

This unfortunately could lower the difficulty level of the game a bit, but maybe it could be balanced? What do you think?

Level 19
I just laughed really hard, realising that "The Growling Winds" is a map by CloudWolf too (great job btw :p).

But I want to expand this topic a bit, as I realised that sometimes there are not enough heal globes, especially when you are low on health.

My new suggestion is flexible drop rates for heal globes, depending on the hero's (or the entire group's) life, meaning: when you are low on health, the chance for having a heal globe dropped is higher than if you are at nearly full health (or 60-70%?).

This unfortunately could lower the difficulty level of the game a bit, but maybe it could be balanced? What do you think?

Already in consideration. I'll try to work on a prototype but I can't say if we'll actually implement it in 1.18.

Level 16
I dont have Wc3 installed atm. but if you see at the map section here, that map is by SerbianBeast.
When i downloaded that map long time ago, i rembember that i read some nick too similar to CloudWolf, but i think it said DarkWolf or something. Take a look again. Also, the really cloudwolf hasnt that map in his profile, so isnt by he. :p

Level 17
Sometimes Warcraft 3 Screw up when you play a map.
Example, play a map that have modified the race names, then if you play a standard ladder match, it will still have the modified race names sometimes.

hat could be the case, that the "Map by Cloudwolf" still was there when you played another map with the standard text.

Or you just readed wrong. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.