• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hover Tank

This is a simple model. Has no wheels. Instead, it hovers. A nice feature you must keep in mind is that it's only 20kb!

Anyway, don't modify without asking. And, give credits if used.

Keywords:
tank, hovercraft, sheep
Contents

Hover Tank (Model)

Reviews
[APPROVED] 3/5 Works fine ingame, but the animations are boring. --donut3.5--
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

[APPROVED]
3/5
Works fine ingame, but the animations are boring.
--donut3.5--

Level 31
Could I use some of your models for my own creations? You get your credits as the original creator, of course.

As long as you do not post it at all as a model in this section or anywhere on the Hive.

You may use an edited version in a map as long as it is fully protected from hackers and such.

Then you must give me FULL credit for the creation of the original model.

Thank you very much for asking me first!

Level 31
You can do better on the texture.

WAY better.

We have had this discussion in chat.

I feel that the texture is fine because it gives it a golden slick dwarven look to it. You showed me some other tanks and frankly, they looked like a mess. Although GF's tank was nice. I'm not exactly the pro he is. And, his texture choices are good, but it gives it a dark rusty feel that I was not trying to achieve here. Keep in mind, this is a Dwarf Golden Hover Tank. Not a Goblin Rusty Green Tank. Also, the team colored Engine packs on the back add to the slick look given on the front of the tank. And, you said in chat, I had little texture choice. This is not true. Look at the Barrel. Look at the engines. And the rest is part of the SAME tank therefor it has the SAME look. Yet, a different mesh to implement them. Its not like the ENTIRE tank is golden. Also, you must keep in mind that this is 10 times less the poly size and 10 times less the kb.

Thanks for your opinion!

Level 3
pretty nice... but dont look hovering.

and it seems like it cant change angle of fire. cause it looks like turret is 100%attached in to tank, and cant rotate. thats bad. even lead dont look like it can go up and down.

its pretty nice you copied little of solviet tank, but...
the one that looks like this one can only move like 25 degree to each side from middle so i can little understand..

Level 6
Seriously, Mr.Bob, it looks like you are making models from the awesome game known only as Total Annihilation. Even if it isn't from that game (as you say, it's Dwarven) it can easily be used in a Total Annihilation project since its size is so tiny.
The quality to size ratio is great and its versatility is also good, so this model gets a 4/5 from me.

Level 31
Seriously, Mr.Bob, it looks like you are making models from the awesome game known only as Total Annihilation. Even if it isn't from that game (as you say, it's Dwarven) it can easily be used in a Total Annihilation project since its size is so tiny.
The quality to size ratio is great and its versatility is also good, so this model gets a 4/5 from me.

I will probably improve the texture's quality by a ton soon. Lol, they do kinda look like TA...

Level 2
I love this, and I have one thing to say, PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!! Make some sort of enormous unit, like that droid you made, only larger, and with 4 legs, yes, I want you to make something related to the star wars walker, im thinking about making a map, and i already read what I need to do, but plz reply to me, and make a ENORMOUS walker, or if you want, you can make a small one, and in object editor i will increase size! :D easier!

Level 2
I think my post disappeared, weird, but, if not, PLZ PLZ PLZ make a star wars walker like model, make small, 4 legs, ill use in map, i know what to do, you can make small, then I increase size in object editor for the map!! PLZ get back to me on this

Level 12
Thats definatly a very nice version of the tanks in TA (orig, cause kingdoms sucked), wich is truly amazing! Let me guess - you made this without knowing it would seem like it would be from an old, yet GOOD game?

Nevertheless, A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Now if you would like, please make Arm & Core force's all units, then TA fans would reall be happy for you...like i am. ADD: THAT WAS JUST A SUGGESTION, you would probably NEVER finish that alone!
Other than that: Its very nice model, could be very usefull in some maps,but yet, there isnt really anything it fits for atm, but the heck with it, its good!

5/5, nuff said!

Level 31
Thats definatly a very nice version of the tanks in TA (orig, cause kingdoms sucked), wich is truly amazing! Let me guess - you made this without knowing it would seem like it would be from an old, yet GOOD game?

Nevertheless, A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Now if you would like, please make Arm & Core force's all units, then TA fans would reall be happy for you...like i am. ADD: THAT WAS JUST A SUGGESTION, you would probably NEVER finish that alone!
Other than that: Its very nice model, could be very usefull in some maps,but yet, there isnt really anything it fits for atm, but the heck with it, its good!

5/5, nuff said!

Actually, this model is very old. I use a much better program now. :D

But, as for making all the other TA units, I might make some off and on. Probably not though.

Btw, this model technically isn't supposed to be from TA. But, that game was one of the best RTS games ever. Have you tried "spring"?

Level 12
Actually, this model is very old. I use a much better program now. :D

But, as for making all the other TA units, I might make some off and on. Probably not though.

Btw, this model technically isn't supposed to be from TA. But, that game was one of the best RTS games ever. Have you tried "spring"?

Ive watched Spring, but its too high quality for my comp (bro destroyed meh connection! GAH!) so i dont play it. *sadface*

TA 4EVAH!

EDIT: i just checked your signature, and i just had to edit this msg - YOU REALLY LEAVING HIVE FOREVER? i would miss your models :(

Last edited:
Level 31
Ive watched Spring, but its too high quality for my comp (bro destroyed meh connection! GAH!) so i dont play it. *sadface*

TA 4EVAH!

EDIT: i just checked your signature, and i just had to edit this msg - YOU REALLY LEAVING HIVE FOREVER? i would miss your models :(

nah, you see what I mean by leave, is get away from the forums. I will still submit models and check my PM. : )

Level 12
anyways, enough chit chat i suppose. If you mind, i would take some model requests later on so i can try to complete ATLEAST 1 MAP in my life...like that is ever going to happen...

But the model is fine, it just doesnt fit to meh maps...
PS: i forgot to rate it! *scream*

Status
Not open for further replies.