• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hotkeys basical system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Can someone help me to create a system to set the abilitie´s hotkeys according to the ability´s location?

Level 21
when you create an ability in the object editor - you can set the hotkey. you also set the button positions.

to see what the button positions mean just look at the button positions for standard abilities that you know where they are.

basically all simple stuff to to in the object editor while editing abilities.

Level 1
when you create an ability in the object editor - you can set the hotkey. you also set the button positions.

to see what the button positions mean just look at the button positions for standard abilities that you know where they are.

basically all simple stuff to to in the object editor while editing abilities.
No, but what I really want is that the spells have a hotkey without set it in the editor, so for example if you learn an ability and it´s in the second square the hotkey will be the W, something like that, this is because Im tmaken a custom hero map and I want that the abilities don´t have the same Hotkey to avoid errors.

Level 21
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. when you create a custom ability - you can choose which button position it goes in. you can also choose what the hotkey is. I don't know of any way to do that automatically. you have to set them to what you want...

use -" art - button position." to set the position to what you want.

after that use the "Text-hotkey" options to set the hotkey.

this way you can set it so the left ability is always q, and the next one w etc' with all your abilities.

Level 4
Very easy.
Make 4 or more versions of each ability. Give each version different hotkey (q,w,e, r, d, f)(or whatever).
If it's the first ability the unit is learning, give it the Q version. If it's the second - W version.

For player's comfort make a command to change them like "-swapspell qw" or somthing like that.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I've seen some newer maps utilize the Custom UI natives to do what APPEARS to be this. Maybe @Tasyen knows.

But what Makossj suggested is the tried and true method, although it's a shame that you'll need so many versions of each ability.

A simple "Set Ability Hotkey" function would be great. I wish the devs would roll out one last patch before pulling the cord and add some of these much desired features.

Status
Not open for further replies.