• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosting wc3 multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Why cant my friend join game hosted by me? for friend the game gets stuck for a moment and says that cant find the game

Friend can host the game without problems and I can join, I have set exception for wc3 in firewall so there cannot be issue

Level 21
Why cant my friend join game hosted by me? for friend the game gets stuck for a moment and says that cant find the game

Friend can host the game without problems and I can join, I have set exception for wc3 in firewall so there cannot be issue

If you are on battle-net, then you need your ports to be open and a million other things set right.
If you are on garena, then just keep in mind that every player can only see 20 games at a time in LAN. (Why I hate hostbots)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Are you behind a NAT (Network Address Translator)? If so you will need to instruct it to forward TCP traffic arriving on the appropriate port (set in WC3 game options from main menu) to your local IP address. This is required because the NAT will have no idea where to forward incoming packets on that port and will likely discard it.

There are programming tricks to resolve hosts through a NAT such as those used by Steam but these are terribly complicated and considerably newer than WC3.

Most house hold broad band systems come with a built in NAT. This is required so that a single internet IPv4 address can be mapped to many local IPv4 addresses due to a lack of internet IPv4 addresses. IPv6 obviously solves this and removes the need for household NATs but WC3 does not support IPv6.

Level 2
I had this problem too, my firewall was set to not allow WC3. Go into your control panel, search for Firewall and find the list of programs, scroll down to WC3 and make sure it's enabled. I had originally checked the box to allow it, yet it somehow was still disabled. I know you said yours was enabled, just double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.