• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosting on Bnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Goodevening all of Azeroth, i am Yakonshus, a devilsh necromancer raising death maps and hosting them on battlenet to spread fear and death!
There is only one proplem, i cant host! (Gasp!) Are anyone able to help me? (And no, its NOT the firewall!)

Last edited:
Level 3
read the manual, either the one that got shipped with your router or read it online, just go to your router, look up the name of it, and google it

Level 34
Ok if you want to do it correctly, although it may not work for some other routers(?):

- Get to know your IP, just google ''what is my IP'' and you get a couple of sites who'll tell you what you got. Remember or copy the IP.

Optional: I recommend that you use your network IP, comes in handy later on.

- Type or paste your IP in the address bar of your browser.

- Now it'll ask you an username and a password, the standard name and password is ''admin'' ''admin''.

Note: The following steps may not look the same as your settings and/or is not working out for you.
- Now go to the tab that is similiar or is ''Applications and Gaming''.

- Go then to ''Port Range Forwarding''.

- You will probally see a list that is either empty or has some things in it, probally your dad tinkered with it.

Example
IPscreenshot.jpg

- Now as displayed, enter in the empty tabs on order:
Application - Start - End -- Protocol - -IP Address ----------- Enable
Warcraft3 -- 6112 - 6112 - Both -- -- 192.168.[Depending] --- YES

- Now save your settings -just don't mess with anything else- and try to host.

It would work now.

FAQ
Q: What router you got?
A: Linksys.

Q: It didn't work! Help!
A: Just google it.

Level 8
- Type or paste your IP in the address bar of your browser.

- Now it'll ask you an username and a password, the standard name and password is ''admin'' ''admin''.

Note: The following steps may not look the same as your settings and/or is not working out for you.
- Now go to the tab that is similiar or is ''Applications and Gaming''.

- Go then to ''Port Range Forwarding''.

Got it that far and found my IP, but because i only use my com to work and warcraft i dont know much bout such things, so where is that address bar you speak of?

Level 27
you have to forward the ports, not open them, no, it's not the same thing.

Whatever i know what to do and it worked and i can host.

@Divine

You know all those things are ALL different? And some of them are VERY different, i tried to set it so for a friend so that he could host but the whole thing where you log into was so freaking weird and totally different from mine...

I would've gave it another try though but he wouldn't let me or something =p

Status
Not open for further replies.