• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Homestead

"And through the mist came a warm glow, Taren Ferry at last."

Changes
-Added Camera

Keywords:
House, Home, Cottage, Torchlight, Town, Village, Building, Medieval,
Contents

Homestead (Model)

Reviews
02:22, 9th Apr 2016 Fingolfin: You are breaking my heart for not having added proper animations to this, but it works ingame and is approvable in its current state none the less. Will increase the rating once you do this though, PM me if you need...

M

02:22, 9th Apr 2016
Fingolfin: You are breaking my heart for not having added proper animations to this, but it works ingame and is approvable in its current state none the less. Will increase the rating once you do this though, PM me if you need help with splats of particles.

Level 65
The only tricky thing about animating these is the shape of the logs and stone slabs (in the case of the crypt) in that if you were to open these in a wireframe view, it'd look like a jumbled mess. Working out a way to have it build up properly isn't exactly the toughest part as I can mimic BfME building animations where supports come up, a cloud of dust starts going and the building comes out of the ground piece by piece.

It is the death animation that is tricky, a puff won't do it and leaving behind ruins is harder to do than one thinks.

Really the only things stopping me are finding the right texture for the ruins, adding the deathsplat (explosion mark on the ground when it dies), and the spinning board. I've never figured out how to rotate particle effects.