• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] hmm is this possible ? Pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is this possible to do a burrow spell for CryptFiend which allowed him to move under earth? Pls help

Level 5
nope i tried this allready. When i move unit him he goes up and moves as a fiend not under the earth.

Level 21
i think this is possible...hold on im looking into it for you now. i will edit this post with what i find.

EDIT: ok i got it for u! it doesnt require triggers but it is a little sketchy, look in the abilities section and play around with the burrowed unit form, perhaps add a custom model, and you should end up with a good spell. also you will need to set your custom levels and stuff, this is just the basics.

Attachments

• Burrow For Hero!.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 2
I though about a way to do it and got 3.
1. You change the alpha of the burrow unit (using dummy ability), then maybe add the invisible ability to it and create a dust like effect with a random angle and distance using a timer.
2. You replace the unit with another one having the burrowed animation as standart animation.
3. It's like a combination of 1 and 2, you make the unit invisible and create a dummy unit with the burrowed model as standart model (required animation) and move it to the current position of the burrowed unit using a timer.
Well, i personally prefer solution 1, but the other 2 solutions also have their pros and cons.
But i don't think it's possible to base the Spell on burrow and allow it to move while burrowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.