• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
pls help with this.I need a spell that will fire a moving bullet in a straight line w/o homing and if hit it froze(light anihilator beam) or burn(dark anihilator beam) and pls if you gonna post in jass help how to implement it on my map

Level 1
sorry didnt put much description
do you know star wars dog fight in epic war the way they fire.When they use fire lasers{ABLTY} the lasers automatically came out and in a straight line when they something it explodes{like that one<<<<<<<<

Level 11
Do you want this to be a unit-targeted spell, or a ground-targeted one?
Anyway... You'll have to make a trigger in which you move a projectile, and periodically check units around it. If there's an enemy nearby, explode the missile, and cause a freezing/burning effect to the enemy. A bit complicated..

Level 8
Do you want this to be a unit-targeted spell, or a ground-targeted one?
Anyway... You'll have to make a trigger in which you move a projectile, and periodically check units around it. If there's an enemy nearby, explode the missile, and cause a freezing/burning effect to the enemy. A bit complicated..

What about using a unit (projectile) with something like kaboom, checking to see if there is a nearby unit and then kabooming it if there is? That would take care of both the exploding effect and the burning part, though it would be limited by the max move speed. Darn you, world editor limits...

Level 4
sorry didnt put much description
do you know star wars dog fight in epic war the way they fire.When they use fire lasers{ABLTY} the lasers automatically came out and in a straight line when they something it explodes{like that one<<<<<<<<

Does you mean:
1.when it casted it will cast to point you faced?? (This one was easy)
2. And when it hit it will frezze/burns?? (Just make a dummy unit)

If it's right I will make you the trigger, if you dind't understand I submit a map

Level 40
Try Goblin Land Mine for the 'exploder' ability. If that doesn't work, I can give you a projectile script (in JASS of course)

And nah, Goblin Land Mine wouldn't freeze/burn, so I suppose that's a problem. However, you could just detect when a lazer died, and freeze/burn all enemies within (range) of it, which would only ever be the target.

Level 10
Alright, since people find it hard to understand his english (I dont blame him) i will make it more clear.

1. He wants to make an ability that manually fire's a projectile, when the projectile comes into contact with an enemy it will explode and leave an effect of his choice.

2. He wanted you to see http://www.epicwar.com/maps/5650/ Star war's Dog fight on Epicwar.com.

3. The projectile should not be Aim activated, it should active and fire the projectile after it is pressed in the way the unit is facing.

This is what i think he is saying to the best of my understanding.

Level 8
1. He wants to make an ability that manually fire's a projectile, when the projectile comes into contact with an enemy it will explode and leave an effect of his choice.

2. He wanted you to see http://www.epicwar.com/maps/5650/ Star war's Dog fight on Epicwar.com.

3. The projectile should not be Aim activated, it should active and fire the projectile after it is pressed in the way the unit is facing.

If I'm not mistaken, that is what we have all been working toward throughout the entirety of the thread. Thank you for the clarifications though.

@PurplePoot: Does land mine work when the mine comes in contact with a unit or only when a unit moves into the mine? (i.e. Would it still work if the non-mine unit were not moving?)

Level 8
read
Star wars dog fight in epic war.
Screenshots of what?

That can mean any number of things. Are you refering to the dog fight portion of Star Wars: Epic War? The Epic War event in Star Wars: Dog Fight? Star Wars: Dog Fight in Epic War? Are you even talking about a map, a video game, movie, or book? What the hell are you talking about? I asked for screenshots of the effect you're requesting because I have no clue.

Alright, since people find it hard to understand his english (I dont blame him) i will make it more clear.

If "epic war" was refering to that website, I guess it'll make more sense. Assuming this is actually what he was talking about, I'd have to agree with PurplePoot. Base the laser off the Goblin Land Mine ability, then make a trigger that detects when it goes off and either use Frost Nova or Flame Strike depending on what you want.

Level 4
Damn, see my latest post:

Does you mean:
1.when it casted it will cast to point you faced?? (This one was easy)
2. And when it hit it will frezze/burns?? (Just make a dummy unit)

If it's right I will make you the trigger, if you dind't understand I submit a map

This was the same with Arab4life's post number 1 and 3, just the difference I post faster and he must see the game to know this (I was once damn stupid on English so I can read some unreadable post)

Level 40
For #1, you can easily trigger that.

For #2, I already answered that.

Try Goblin Land Mine for the 'exploder' ability. If that doesn't work, I can give you a projectile script (in JASS of course)

And nah, Goblin Land Mine wouldn't freeze/burn, so I suppose that's a problem. However, you could just detect when a lazer died, and freeze/burn all enemies within (range) of it, which would only ever be the target.

Level 4
PurplePoot, can we freeze or burn with it?? Maybe better if you cast frost nova of Flamestrike when the mine blow at position of mine?? (This mine became a dummy that deals no damage)

Level 4
PurplePoot was right but if you don't understand I will write the simple one

When you use skills you will make a dummy that move from your point to 1000 by your facing, this unit movespeed is devastating fast, give this unit -1 regeneration and only has 3 health point (so at last it stand for 3 second). Give the mine abilities so he explode when touch someone, make a trigger:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to dummy laser
  • Actions
    • Set TEMPP = (Position of (Dying unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at TEMPP facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TEMPP)
NOTE - Temp TEMPP is a point global and is required to work

Next is up to your imagination, make warstomp looks like ice of fire

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
PurplePoot was right...When you use skills you will make a dummy that move from your point to 1000 by your facing, this unit movespeed is devastating fast, give this unit -1 regeneration and only has 3 health point (so at last it stand for 3 second). Give the mine abilities so he explode when touch someone, make a trigger:

If I am not mistaken, 512 the highest movement speed possible....

Status
Not open for further replies.