• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hm,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
which item system (for RPG) do u prefer: when items are stricktly bound to classes (WoW, Rage of Mages, WAR) or when a character can equip anythng (theoreticaly), but suffer from different penalties (Diablo 1&2, DnD)?

first system is more of a balancing tool, second allows more originality and some interesting builds may appear.
i'm almost decided, but i'd like to hear ur opinion.

Last edited:
Level 15
like, if you are a mage, you will certainly put points into Intellect and such. you just won't be able to equip a two-handed sword, 'cos it will require a formidable amount of strength to equip (diablo style). another example: you are a ranger and your bow requires a certain amount of Agility to use. so, you will not put on a plate mail, since it will limit the amount of agility you may have, which is bad for you (DnD style). yet another example: if you try to dual-wield as a paladin, you will get large hit chance penalty, 'cos u dont have talents to reduce the penalty, though a Ranger will have those.
This kind of things. However,
as a mage you can throw all points into strength, equip full plate, grab a two-handed hammer, learn a couple of point-blank spells and play a battle mage style! (hm, why haven't i though of this before... must use it quick!!!)

Level 4
The generic 'WoW' system is very predictable and bland. Personally I would prefer something different so I put my vote in the second choice.

Level 15
okay, i was thinking 'bout that option too =))) so, i choose it now for sure. who cares if it may be imbalanced? i'm not getting payed for it anyway =DDDDD

Level 4
I have to agree with every one :D the second option is simply the best :p far, far too many WoW style systems :p

Status
Not open for further replies.