Simple skin, freehand and small amounts of recontour, the inspiration of Afro's awesome Protolisk skin face. Another use of massive D and B, and a first attempt at grayscale editing. All sone in Adobe Elements, and I don't know how to use filters.
Needs more detail in general, especially on the folds. Try and give it the actual image of overlapped scales instead of just separated sections of skin.
The filter is a bit obvious, could use just a tiny bit of blending. Otherwise, I like it, really gives a nice speckled fleshy look to the tail. For someone who doesnt know howto use filers, you did a decent job with it. Even if it is an amateur skin, its a good example of how using filters can be a good thing.
The claws, I would reccomend a complete redo. Try and do something with them, like scratches. Maybe a different color such as violet mixed with the grey.
I used mainly a splatter brush on the side part, and some on the tail. I did try using a small marble filter, but it screw the skin so it didn't work. I really believe some noob probably flamed me with a 1