• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hiveworkshop, why do you love isolation from the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I have been here for longer than most here, it's not even my first account, for I had one in 2004.

In the early years, the game Warcraft 3 was new, the hype was big and lasted long, the gaming and the mapmaking were new but everything was exciting even with the simpler terrains, larger models, and the gaming itself.

Of course the hype was reduced but there was still global interest in the game wacraft 3 in until 2008-2009. Esports moved mostly to China for this game, Dota became the map to keep War3 alive much more. Any player with common sense moved to Dota or waited for what was to come in 2010.

After new games came - SC2, Diablo 3, WoW: Mists of Pandaria, they also opened lots of opportunities for moving on to newer games. While not everything was OK for mapmaking, it was pretty much a continue of War3 mapmaking modding or whatever.

Communities openly accepted and gave newer games a try, the editor, the new games, some like the one where I won my sc2 beta in 2012 - Starcraft IncGamers moved entirely to Diablo 3 killing their war3 and sc section - they did well - they entirely moved to one new game.

Other forums moved either to WoW or to Starcraft 2.

Yet when all people with common sense moved away from War3, me included, either to SC2 or LoL or HoN or Dota 2 or D3 or WoW or Guild Wars or (insert any new game here)

Hiveworkshop, while emptied from people who have been into war3 - modders quit or changed game, the site started being filled by the ones I call 'LOST SOULS' 'die hards' or simply 'noobs'

- Philipinos, Malaysian, or (insert any Asian country that is not China and has no history of gaming and represents large part of the noobs who don't even play just do custom maps and play casual custom - and DONT BUY THE GAME JUST PLAY FREE, and SPAM EMOTICONS ON POST 1) - Also add some South American countries that do the same.

While nearly every normal community presented and featured new games, no not in some monthly thread... and organize real contests, to attract many people and contests of kind - playing games whether CG or Melee, BETA GIVEAWAYS, renewed themselves in look and everything,

Hiveworkshop decided to isolate themselves from the world and organize - Contests - ONLY for War3, ONLY THE SAME CONTESTANTS, ONLY QUIZES WITH SOME EDITOR SPECIFIC QUESTIONS that no one cares about but these specific editor nerds.

I have never seen such close mindness, such isolation, it's amazing to see among so many games to move on - not just Blizzard titles, could be Valve.. and others.

And most of them are here not because they do it besides doing something new, some's only game and occupation is War3 ala 2012! Amazing!

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Level 14
So.. You actually believe that All we ever play is wc3 just because we like to hanging
Out around here? Do you actually have any evidence on what you're saying?
Also, you make it sound like we should just
follow the stream and keep on upgrading to newer games just because everyone else does it? What if we simply just like to mod in our old school world editor?
Should people who liked Pokemon yellow move on to diamond or gold just because there's some new and more shiny Pokemon? (bad example, I hate Pokemon) but yeah, hopefully you get where I'm going youngster. Don't be so butthurt just because we won't see YOU as a god hurdur.
Truth hurts eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
Not really your decision dude.
Also, we are in chat, try entering it for once and see that we are actually in there to talk.
And no, I haven't seen anyone on this site saying "all I'm playing is wc3".
Find one, just one..
Also, this site was made for modding for wc3.
We still mod, therefor the sites still here.
End

Level 14
That's odd, I see new stuff being uploaded everyday.. Even by people on this site who doesn't use both the chat nor the forum.
Even new members?

There's even some huge projects going on right now,
and I'm pretty sure that you are one of the only butthurt trolls left in this place so why don't you just shush?

Level 22
No you face it, this coomunity been left to two things:

- chatters and trolls who have nothing better to do and can only piss you off since their entertainment is chatting and trolling
- those war3 mapmakers of a dying game

Yeah the common misconception is the one who wants to make trolls shut up and gone is called troll. New things of old game? Yeah back to ISOLATION THW FTL! P.S I have a plan about my account here, so I am just saying you all I loled at in the past years here.

Last edited:
Level 10
We're talking here about gaming, virtual life!
Who cares if trolls/noobs/retards are enjoying themselves by posting pathetic subject. I guess you don't have to try new video games if you don't want to. Let people worship whoever they want. In the end people are just happy in their virtual world by doing virtual actions.
If it bother you that much just ignore them and continue to do what you were doing here in the first place, you don't need recognition, just enjoy yourself.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Let's see the REST:

fladdermasken, <snip> - since they no longert play - what do they do - CHAT
lolwat.

How the hell did I end up being mentioned? I pretty much quit this place around July, and since then I have a brief span of posting terrains.

and ofc TROLL!!!
Are you still pissed that I didn't include you in my little "quit the hive" enrolment? :D

Level 28
Philipinos

Its Filipino man and I'm one of them. What the hell did we do to you eh?

And what can you do if people still love making maps for this *your so called* dying game. Its their choice not yours whatever you do/say/mock/cry etc you can't change the fact that its their choice not yours so stop mocking around and live your own life.

If you want other games, there must already be an existing forum for them somewhere on the internet... why must the hive put every existing new game? do you even realize that it will be such a mess if The Hive do that?

All blizzard games, fine... but other games like GW2? you're kidding man...

about contests, well a lot of the people here [even the new ones] are more of the creator side and not much of the player side... maybe because it's easier to put time to making things as you can spend like 15 minutes per day on something, while for playing 15 minutes will be pretty short...

then you're saying that for the contests, the same set of people join... but if we're gonna create real tourneys etc, don't you think it will be the same situation?

and if you want to socialize with the world, there are social networking sites for that matter...

you should really just move on with your life dude...

I'm just confused by one thing:

- you don't like how the site's going
- you don't like the people on the site
- you "would love to see the place fall apart and get closed "

Why are you still posting here and not off somewhere else playing games or modding other games or whatever it is that you like doing instead of complaining on the internet about something of which you are one of the few holding said opinion, and thus will naturally be ignored in all serious contexts?

Level 22
Why are you still posting here and not off somewhere else playing games or modding other games or whatever it is that you like doing instead of complaining on the internet about something of which you are one of the few holding said opinion, and thus will naturally be ignored in all serious contexts?

I've been asking myself many times, however, it is because I stay for few threads I am interested in that I feel is better to post here than registering to new places.

Anyway, I don't mean to offend anyone specific, I am saying what the place has turned into, but since what I am saying won't change anything, you may just CLOSE this thread.

- Philipinos, Malaysian, or (insert any Asian country that is not China and has no history of gaming and represents large part of the noobs who don't even play just do custom maps and play casual custom - and DONT BUY THE GAME JUST PLAY FREE, and SPAM EMOTICONS ON POST 1) - Also add some South American countries that do the same.
Nice, you just HAD to get racist, didn't you?

Also you should know that we always accept suggestions by users, however it has been Ralle's decision to stay with Warcraft 3, mainly, however I can assure you he has plans for other games such as Starcraft II for example in the future, but if you cannot be patient and control yourself, then I suggest you move over to some other site, perhaps sc2mapster.com, they seem to be pretty active Starcraft II-wise, but I think you already are part of that community.

I'm in a really bad mood thanks to some things you've sent me, but I'll let this pass.
Closed.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(...)
- chatters and trolls who have nothing better to do and can only piss you off since their entertainment is chatting and trolling
Had it been a few months ago, I would have agreed. The current chat ambient is okay. For now.

- those war3 mapmakers of a dying game
(...)
In one or two years, I will have made 10 years of being endorsed in this game, and I'm sad I'm going to leave with only a poor record of awfully terrained melee maps.

(...) I stay for few threads I am interested in that I feel is better to post here than registering to new places.
(...)
I believe our social areas, such as the Off-Topic, have (had?) a great potential for expansion. I am inclined to agree with Hakeem when he said that the Hive has an unique property of luring users of a certain intellectual level I'd personally add that they are, in most cases, close-minded and stubborn, but regardless, the social area has sprouted a lot since its creation and it could have grown even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.