• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Level 7
The reason for double posting is that if the commentator that I replied already readed first comment but then I had something extra necessary to add and I would like him to get notification about that.

I dont think its fair that vex pokemon models cant be posted here because there is no way I could contact him because those models are old and he propably never used hiveworkshop.

The reason for double posting is that if the commentator that I replied already readed first comment but then I had something extra necessary to add and I would like him to get notification about that.
In cases like this I normally delete my post, then post it again.
I dont think its fair that vex pokemon models cant be posted here because there is no way I could contact him because those models are old and he propably never used hiveworkshop.
You just can't upload them to the resources section, nobody is saying you can't attach it to this thread. Are you green or what? :D

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Thanks, but it doesnt excactly look what i desired.
It looks too much for mr. mime and less like pikachu.

Consider it this way: In dorochu its still the same pikachu but it has inflicted by darkness so the biggest change is in the inside but it also shows outside.
I searched dark pikachu since you didn't post any images of what you wanted. Also, haven't found any dorachu pikachu stuff.

So, post a picture of the pikachu you want. What you showed me now, is basically just changing the hue in the game so I won't bother doing that since not only does it look bad, it can be done in the game.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Ur model is almost what I wanted, but instead of making the color of the skin to be completely black, I want it tho have small levels of yellow like it has in the image I made with the hue adjustments.
Something like this?
pika01.png

Level 7
Something like this. I am sorry if its too much to ask for.. I am just perfectionist about this project, I dont want to mess up with someones dreams pokemon is so important for much players and I dont wanna disapooint with quickly made decisions.

Attachments

• dorochu from vex.jpg
    dorochu from vex.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 137

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Something like this. I am sorry if its too much to ask for.. I am just perfectionist about this project, I dont want to mess up with someones dreams pokemon is so important for much players and I dont wanna disapooint with quickly made decisions.
With the gray lines? I don't know. That requires precise drawing for the wrapping to work.

Level 21
You clearly have an image editor (even if it's MS Paint), so why don't you try doing it yourself if it's really that important to you?

Level 7
You clearly have an image editor (even if it's MS Paint), so why don't you try doing it yourself if it's really that important to you?
I dont want to. But yes it is important because pikatchu transformation into dorochu is main point of the pokemon dark game. The whole purpose is to investigate why and how pikachu transformed. It cant be pitch black because it looks then like different pokemon and not transformed pikachu.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I cant do it by myself. It must be done by universe or it will not get done at this point. I done so much you cant propably even realize.
Ah, you must be Batman!

I am part of the universe. So if you want the universe to do it, you have to participate.
Hail @deepstrasz for apparently, he is the cosmos.
I'm its slave.

@Wlizer here, final offer
pika01.png
pika02.png

Attachments

• 025EDIT4.blp
    26 KB · Views: 99
  • 025Edit4.mdx
    43.9 KB · Views: 120
Can someone remove the unshaded flag from these models? When I try to save it with Magos the file becomes corrupted somehow....

I have also tried removing the unshaded flag with notepad but got the same results unfortunately.

EDIT: Nevermind, editing them with notepad did in fact work, but the models will fail to load in Retera's model studio after they have been edited. They load fine in the world editor and Magos.

Attachments

• Ivy.rar
    230.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Can someone open the mouth of this head? You can see I tried with the model in the archive, but it looks kinda shitty :p

Also I am able to open the mouth how I want it, but the texture is in the way :/

EDIT: I attached a retextured version, please use that one instead.
Sorry for this but it seems the model I initially posted had a fault. It happens when I recalculate its normals in Retera, but here's a better version. Can you make its mouth open again?

Attachments

• StoneHead.rar
    631.3 KB · Views: 103
Level 4
Sorry for this but it seems the model I initially posted had a fault. It happens when I recalculate its normals in Retera, but here's a better version. Can you make its mouth open again?
select a part of the mouth, separate it into a new geo and then merge those two again into one

Attachments

• Stone Head Better.mdx
    128.2 KB · Views: 100
Someone on discord requested a simple fireworks rocket in standing position. Uploading it here, in case anyone else might want it too.

Very simple doodad with a stand and a death animation. It does not explode like a firework, so use it in conjunction with another model if you want that.

Attachments

• FireworksRocket.blp
    10.7 KB · Views: 82
  • FireworksRocket.mdx
    5.8 KB · Views: 106
  • FireworksPicture.png
    FireworksPicture.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 112
Level 21
Looking for someone to teach this troll (the dark troll version) how to burrow.
basically I need to give it:

1. the burrowed crypt fiend's "stand alternate" animation but retaining it's own portrait.
2. some version of the burrow "morph' and "morph alternate" animations - can just be the unit doing it's attack or spell animation while transitioning from the burrowed to non burrowed version (and altering height accordingly).

also I'm on 1.31.1 so I need it to be compatible...

I hope this isn't too steep of a request for this forum.
thanks!!!

Edit: nvm, found a decent workaround.

Last edited:
Level 15
It would be nice if someone could make some kind of compilation of all these models on the one place with pictures. Because, right now, it is so hard to navigate and to find something in all of these pages.

Attachments

• Dark Spear Troll Trapper Female.zip
    202.2 KB · Views: 128
Level 10
@Paillan what's the process you're using to disarm him?
(And by disarm you mean, removing his weapons, not his literal arms, right?)

Well, anyways, here he is:

unarmed.png

Note that I didn't use the most orthodox? way of removing the weapon, not sure if that's the word I'm searching for.

Attachments

• SenJinUnarmed.mdx
    201.2 KB · Views: 55
  • SenJinUnarmedNoGlow.mdx
    200.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Level 10
I think it may be because deleting the whole geoset can cause unwanted things with geoset animations or something.
I had it happen to me a bunch of times, so now I usually delete all of the vertices of a geoset but one. I suppose there's a better way of doing this, but so far it's been working.

Level 19
I think it may be because deleting the whole geoset can cause unwanted things with geoset animations or something.
I had it happen to me a bunch of times, so now I usually delete all of the vertices of a geoset but one. I suppose there's a better way of doing this, but so far it's been working.

I will use this trick too from now on, thanks for the advice.