• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

hive weird noises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Never encountered it myself, but if there's an Ad making sounds, I'm all for getting rid of it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Adds usually are region dependant. Most decent add services will not display to a UK browser a US only advert. Instead it is a lot more worth while for them to route a UK only advert to a UK viewer.

Thus it is very possible that not everyone will receive this add.

Frankly, since the damn "HELLO!!!!!111" yelling smily add, I mute my computer every time I visit this site now (sigh).

Level 16
Although I haven't encountered any ads with sound here on Hive, I'm all for blocking ads that includes noise in them. On other sites I've encountered an airplane ad ('brrrrrrrrr' turbine sound), and a handphones ad (loud 'riiiiing riiiiing'), just to mention two. To me this constitutes noise pollution.

I know that having ads keeps Hive alive, but I won't feel the least guilty when adblocking ads with sound in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.