• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Exams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did this in the other sites so im gonna share this idea to Hive.

The Hive Exams is a much bigger and much harder version of the News Batch's Hive Quiz.

Hive Exam will be focused on the following:
1) Triggering and Coding
2) 2D/3D Arts
3) Tools(relating to Warcraft 3)
4) Editor - Related
4) Blizzard - Related
5) Site - Related (optional)

The questions will have the following levels:
Easy, Moderate, Hard

Here are the points per level:
Easy - 1 point
Moderate - 2 points
Hard - 3 points

The main difference here is that if an answer is right and is incomplete, the point will be deducted by one.If the answer is much better than expected,the point will be increased by one.You may not deduct points in Easy round.You must deduct points per answer incomplete.

Main Rules:
1) Question contributors and the host are prohibited to join this contest.
2) User may only submit their answers only one time
3) Answers shall be sent via Private Message to the host
4) Quote questions then put answer after it
5) No user may ask explanations regarding the questions( Example : What do you mean by this?, Can you give an example of that?)
6) Hosts must give a descriptive questions,same with the contributors.
7) Winner may decide what award icon he/she wants.

Questions shall be revealed when an Exam is approved.Exam will only have a 2-week span for answer submissions.Hosts may only give Teaser once( like showing how many questions in the Coding-Related,etc).You cannot show one specific question from the questions.
When the results will be revealed, Hosts shall post the answers, then the users scores(no answer revealing for shorter result news).The scores shall be posted by this template:
User

• Category-Here
    • Easy - ScoreHere
    • Moderate - ScoreHere -PointHere for an incomplete answer.
    • Hard - ScoreHere
The winner of the exam will be based on his/her scores.

Last edited:
Level 14
Bad side of such tests is that the 'no teamwork' rule cannot be detected.

You know there are a lot of websites that allow you to make and post test(or open answer) pages and they send the results to one email. Just google em'. Most of them even have the option to start showing the test at certain time and for certain period.

Why should someone even take this?
People come here to have a good time and not taking stupid quizzes for no freaking reason.
and for what? Rep? Ridiculous.
Agreed.

The Hive Quiz is supposed to be fun.

Your suggestions make this actual work, which I reject.
Why would I, or anyone, want to dig up X questions, with different difficulty settings, about art and other categories?
I do provide a few when things come to my mind, but that's about it.

And why's this in the Submission section of our Arena?

Level 11
I dont get it let them be pissed, why should you give a crap?
The only ones that can do real damage is mods Ralle and admins that are pissed nothing really more. (But mod and ralle and admins are supposed to be fair so dont get any ideas)
Sure I guess you can cause anger but, really anger over some quiz? Thats just childish.

I dont get it let them be pissed, why should you give a crap?
The only ones that can do real damage is mods Ralle and admins that are pissed nothing really more. (But mod and ralle and admins are supposed to be fair so dont get any ideas)
Sure I guess you can cause anger but, really anger over some quiz? Thats just childish.

just as childish as the as the idea of showing off epeen.

(But mod and ralle and admins are supposed to be fair so dont get any ideas)
Are we supposed to?
Also, I don't see anyone who's "pissed" in here.

You folks fail to see the point here. Exams can not be contests.
Taking up your earlier argument, Codric, they would not be fair.
They would have to be judged after who correctly answered the most questions in the shortest period of time (who uploaded them faster).
It would be impossible to prohibit and exclude cheating. We can not possibly control who looked what up on the Internet, or who collaborated with whom.
Those are unfair conditions.

If you want to have a competition based on knowledge, you will have to provide a concept that allows such a thing (for example: Jeopardy!, thoug that one's not possible (yet) due to requiring real-time interaction for everyone).
I thought that was clear, hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.