• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Trivia/Contest" System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello there! I was wondering if it is possible to make a "Trivia system" for my rpg. The event will have 40% chance to trigger every 1800 seconds, making it a special event!

The basic setup will be: 10-20 questions with 4 possible options to every (4) player.

Right answer equals to +1 point (Without using resources as a point counting system; except for food, maybe, since this event will trigger in the middle of the game when players will alredy have some gold/wood)

Every time a player hits a right answer, his hero will level up (easy as pie), and the player who scores the most points at the end of the 20 questions will get an special item. (This can all be changed if too hard to code). :grin:

The questions will be random from a preset of.. uhmm, 100 questions or something like that. So every times the system triggers, you will be getting new questions.

Any help or ideas?

Level 33
You have to be more detail about this system, a system is more complicated than spell you know ?

Let's say in the 1st round out of 20, a question is given to all players, or each player per turn ?
And what determines +1 of a point ?
Answer fast ? Answer correctly ? Will giving a wrong answer gives you penalty ?

How does Player answer questions ?
Chat message ? Ability clicking ?

Level 8
You have to be more detail about this system, a system is more complicated than spell you know ?

Let's say in the 1st round out of 20, a question is given to all players, or each player per turn ?
And what determines +1 of a point ?
Answer fast ? Answer correctly ? Will giving a wrong answer gives you penalty ?

How does Player answer questions ?
Chat message ? Ability clicking ?

This has the same difficulty as a spell, I think this is more easy, you only have to put the questions, answers and oprions.
Best method to ask? Dialog window

Edit: haha, create systems is very easy, I said 'same difficulty as a spell' comparing this system .. :)

I recommend dialog buttons, because maybe the player has keyboard problems ( for example hotkeys softwares ), and the dialog can has a cute interface :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.