• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting Exp System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello there.

I have been working for a campaign quite long time. It's soon in beta stage, but I would like to have one more system for the campaign. Currently every time player completes a quest will automatically gain a level for his characters. I think the campaign is now too much focused to quests. Some players doesn't like to do that much quests, instead they want to kill enemy units to gain level.

In future when this system is done I will change that quests gives experience points, but not a whole level. With this system I will do like that enemy units will give a lot more experience.

The basic exp system by Blizzard doesn't satisfy me. I can't modify it enough and that is why I would like you to do "Exp System". Here are some information about it:

- This is a campaign, so the system is only for player 1.
- I have used a unit-type variable in every map. I would like you to use it also so I can give every single unit specific exp gain that I can easily edit. Example:
  • Set Monster_Type[1] = Arachnathid
- Some items can increase killer's exp.
- Also remember to give exp to nearby other player 1 heroes(totally there can be 3x player 1 hero). 1000 range would be pretty good.
- Leakless.
- You cannot use vJASS.

I also think it could be useful for other RPGs. So once it's done you can freely add it to the spell section of Hive or other places. If you have questions, please ask. You can also chat with me every time. My MSN is [email protected]

So if you have free time and you could do this within few weeks, I would really like you to help me. I will give you some rep in here and big credits at the campaign as a system maker. Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 10
Here's a Map Example for you. It's just an example, so yeah...
It has the item exp that effects all units around it. Good Luck on your RPG

Edit: Re-made it. Corrected the Map. Added a chance of the killing unit to gain +20 exp. Corrected experience gain, all together. Made it simpler, using around 4 triggers. Hope you like it.

- I don't see use of trigger "Exp Control".
- The gained experience should be specific number. Not a random number.
- Some items should also increase the exp gain for the killer only(not for the heroes around). There is not this system.
- Your system leaks like hell.
- I don't need any tomes that increases exp.
- There should be a trigger that puts all units to a unit-type and then adds for them that how much unit-types gives experience points. This way I would save time because I have a little similar gold gain system.

A majority has been Corrected. The Map is fully working and so far has no leaks.

Attachments

• Experience Gain.w3x
    42.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Level 37
Hey there, Archangel678.

The system you made was okay, but it was full of improvements.

- I don't see use of trigger "Exp Control".
- The gained experience should be specific number. Not a random number.
- Some items should also increase the exp gain for the killer only(not for the heroes around). There is not this system.
- Your system leaks like hell.
- I don't need any tomes that increases exp.
- There should be a trigger that puts all units to a unit-type and then adds for them that how much unit-types gives experience points. This way I would save time because I have a little similar gold gain system.
  • Enemy Gold
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- === MONSTER GOLD SYSTEM === --------
      • Set Monster_Type[1] = Arachnathid
      • Set Monster_Type[2] = Icy Hades
      • Set Monster_Type[3] = Frost Beast
      • Set Monster_Type[4] = Icy Troll
      • -------- === GOLD GIVEN === --------
      • Set Monster_Gold[1] = 12.00
      • Set Monster_Gold[2] = 18.00
      • Set Monster_Gold[3] = 15.00
      • Set Monster_Gold[4] = 50.00
Thanks for your best and I hope to have some improvents. If not, I hope someone else will try.

Here the gold system(not made by me).

• Monster Resources Give
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
      • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Killing unit) Equal to AAAPhodom
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Monster_Killer = 1
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Killing unit) Equal to AAAFradz
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Monster_Killer = 2
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Killing unit) Equal to AAAGaleoth
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Monster_Killer = 3
                • Else - Actions
                  • Set Monster_Killer = 4
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 50, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Monster_Type[(Integer A)]
            • Then - Actions
              • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Dying unit))
              • Set Monster_GoldGive = (Integer((Monster_Gold[(Integer A)] x Monster_GoldPercent[Monster_Killer])))
              • Player - Add Monster_GoldGive to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
                • If - Conditions
                  • Monster_GoldGive Greater than or equal to 1
                • Then - Actions
                  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (+ + (String(Monster_GoldGive))) at TempLoc with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 50.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                  • Floating Text - Change the color of (Last created floating text) to (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                  • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
                  • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
                • Else - Actions
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
            • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.