• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hills Of Conquest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents
1.Description
2.Features
3.Credits
4.Change Log

Description
Fun easy map to play on. Its a melee map so no new race or anything like that.There aren't
to much creeps too because its a close quarters map so you are meant to get most of your xp off fighting the opposing team.

Features
3 gold mines
2 creep camps( 1 red/hard creep camp and 1 green/easy creep camp)
2 start locations
Bunch of tress

Credits
Death_Rift
Blizzard(for the editor and game)

Change Log
Version 1.0 Uploaded

Keywords:
Map, Hill, Conquest
Contents

Hills Of Conquest (Map)

Reviews
19:45, 11th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: See Shadow Fury's review. Please do work out on this more: Rejected.

M

19:45, 11th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: See Shadow Fury's review. Please do work out on this more:

Shadow Fury;2494745 said:
This is doubtlessly the cheapest melee map I've ever seen. Those are the reasons:-

- First thing, you used two tiles only, Grass and Dark Grass. What about Dirt, Rough Dirt, Grassy Dirt and Rock?
- Lack of decorative doodads
- Only two creep camps aren't enough
- The cliffs are so restricted that only few units can pass. What about if I want my entire army to get on the cliff? I'll have to wait for ages
- The starting locations aren't applied well. There is a specific distance in which starting locations can't be placed and you passed that distance if you understand what I mean
- The map itself is too small to be playable which makes the game boring

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Your map is too small to work on. You need to restart from the beginning with a map AT LEAST 64x64, but I would recommend 96x96
- Use more tiles in this new map because only two tiles make your terrain look bad
- Add doodads like Shrubs, Rocks, Skulls, Skulls on Sticks etc...
- More creep camps
- If you use cliffs, make sure the camps are wide
- Place the starting locations a bit more distant than you did

OVERALL RESULT:_
To finish my review, I strongly believe this map is cheap and boring. Anyone can make this map in 10 minutes. I'll give it 0.25/5, rate 1 and vote for REJECTION!

Rejected.

Level 21
This is doubtlessly the cheapest melee map I've ever seen. Those are the reasons:-

- First thing, you used two tiles only, Grass and Dark Grass. What about Dirt, Rough Dirt, Grassy Dirt and Rock?
- Lack of decorative doodads
- Only two creep camps aren't enough
- The cliffs are so restricted that only few units can pass. What about if I want my entire army to get on the cliff? I'll have to wait for ages
- The starting locations aren't applied well. There is a specific distance in which starting locations can't be placed and you passed that distance if you understand what I mean
- The map itself is too small to be playable which makes the game boring

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Your map is too small to work on. You need to restart from the beginning with a map AT LEAST 64x64, but I would recommend 96x96
- Use more tiles in this new map because only two tiles make your terrain look bad
- Add doodads like Shrubs, Rocks, Skulls, Skulls on Sticks etc...
- More creep camps
- If you use cliffs, make sure the camps are wide
- Place the starting locations a bit more distant than you did

OVERALL RESULT:_
To finish my review, I strongly believe this map is cheap and boring. Anyone can make this map in 10 minutes. I'll give it 0.25/5, rate 1 and vote for REJECTION!