• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hill Giant Aoe Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I just noticed this today, and im not sure if i should call it a bug. But when I was using crucify on the HG, i noticed that a small part of it was occuring up top below the cliff side entrance.
Ive tested in the different areas of the HG battleground. And it looks like it only occurs in certain areas i tried pointing out during the course of the fight.
This may be the answer to why some range/casters die or get hit out of nowhere. Seeming how my crucify was affected, the HG earthquake may be too. Just we probably cant see it.

I would also like to point out the...stupidity of the merc. I understand the run away from aoe concept, but why have them keep on running... they are not getting hit and sometimes they get stuck cause they cant run. is it possible for you to implement a run out of aoe until you stop taking dmg or something?

Whatever the case, hope you can figure out whatever it is.
P.s. me dying to HG was unintended, but it was funny as hell. XD

Attachments

• bug111.w3g
    45.1 KB · Views: 86
Level 8
Yeah I wouldn't trust a merc as far as i could throw them (if orc shamans were real anyway), however, you can manipulate the merc 99% of the time with the pet skills: retreat and attack.

I never heard of the first issue. Can you get more precise what you mean?

The AI of mercs is currently a major problem. I plan to remove the "move out of AoE" behaviour of pets and mercs completely and instead make them immune to those critical spells, as I found no satisfying way to manage their AI intelligently.

Level 5
If you were to watch the replay. And look above the two trees that look like a 7 - 10 split. you will notice a circular piece of crucify when i cast crucify on the HG below. At 2 mins in game, was the first time i casted crucify. But notice i had him by the ruins, where the effect didnt work. when i brought him into another area, around 2:25, I used crucify again where the effect occured. Next to the shaman, you will see a small piece of crucify. That is what im talking about. That unknown piece of crucify that occurs up in that area.

I hope you see the effect. I reviewed the replay to make sure it was there. It is for me, so it should be the same for you. If anyone else can confirm this for me thx.

If you were to watch the replay. And look above the two trees that look like a 7 - 10 split. you will notice a circular piece of crucify when i cast crucify on the HG below. At 2 mins in game, was the first time i casted crucify. But notice i had him by the ruins, where the effect didnt work. when i brought him into another area, around 2:25, I used crucify again where the effect occured. Next to the shaman, you will see a small piece of crucify. That is what im talking about. That unknown piece of crucify that occurs up in that area.

I hope you see the effect. I reviewed the replay to make sure it was there. It is for me, so it should be the same for you. If anyone else can confirm this for me thx.
Haven't checked the replay yet, but this sounds a lot like a pathing problem to me. Then again, crucify does not use dummy units but special effects... hmm... this one is tricky.

Does the spell not deal damage or is this just a graphical thing?

Level 5
I dont know if the spell will do dmg in that small area ive pointed out. it could just be a graphical error. After playing other aoe classes and testing it out. It looks like only crucify causes it.

I dont know if the spell will do dmg in that small area ive pointed out. it could just be a graphical error. After playing other aoe classes and testing it out. It looks like only crucify causes it.
Hmm, it might be a graphical thing here. I don't know if there are any bugs with displaying special effects in WC3, but I think this could be something the engine messes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.