• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

High Voter List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The Downvoter list isn’t even a good idea. Why should we add an Upvoter list to the problem?
1) Just because your name is on a list doesn't mean that you will stop. There is no real punishment for being on the list.
2) Even if the down/upvoters were punished, the damage would remain; their votes aren’t erased.
3) Have you looked at the Downvoter list recently? There are 54 users on it, and it doesn't even look like five of them are true Downvoters!
4) How can you even tell whether the resources that the people down/upvote deserve it? We need to be able to tell what resources users have rated.
5) Some people (like me) will only vote for resources that they really love or really hate. People like that would always be on the list even though they have done nothing wrong.
6) Those on the Downvoter list that actually deserve it usually get off it by voting a few unworthy resources a five.
7) It is easy for downvoters to avoid the list by only voting resources a two.

In my opinion, there should be a field on every resource next to the ratings that says who rated what. Users that feel that they didn’t deserve that rating can report the voter as a down/upvoter. Then, much like with the new reporting option in the Skins section, the moderators could decide who is an actual down/upvoter and take appropriate action. This idea would also allow the resource’s proper rating to be restored.

Just my $0.02.

~The_Raven

Level 13
saying throught comments a 5 is totally mindless, i've seen many skins that would deserve a 2, and 3 for crazy persons, and 5 for mindless acting-too-quick persons.

on many sites, like it have been pointed out, we either vote 1( most horrible thing ever) or 5(perfection, picasso made it and it took three weeks of work without sleep, him and his painting merged into one). that kind of persons should never work in those jobs where you have no give a critic or an overview for games/movies. learn to give betwen 2-3, 80% of the resources on this site deserves this.

uh yes im against it, voting to the extreme side is redeculous. sometimes authours vote 5 on their own work just to pump its rating up!

Level 12
True. We all know it's mindless to give something a 5 because it's cool to you. Not that my thought counts but it definetely can't do much except give an idea of whos absuing the votes to the moderator. Likewise it might do good in informing but remember abusers will always try to come back and do their own antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.