• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] High resolution and garbled or distorted letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Did this ever happen to you guys: whenever I set my WC3 resolution to 1920*1080 or something higher, the letters or even numbers will be distorted or garbled to the extend that I can not even read them. I think is the hight resolution that causes this. Any idea how to resolve this except scaling down the resolution?

Level 15
There ain't any solution . The bigger the resolution is , the more the letters are garbled .
It's like when you shrink an HD 1028x728 photo to 640x480 .The image will be completely fogged and unclear .

The best resolution for me is 800x600. The letters are in the clearest way in this resolution AFAIK . Also , you don't need so high resolution , WARCRAFT is an old game :/

Level 11
There ain't any solution . The bigger the resolution is , the more the letters are garbled .
It's like when you shrink an HD 1028x728 photo to 640x480 .The image will be completely fogged and unclear .

The best resolution for me is 800x600. The letters are in the clearest way in this resolution AFAIK . Also , you don't need so high resolution , WARCRAFT is an old game :/

Thanks for the reply. 800*600 on my 27" screen is like :ogre_rage:. I think 1280*1024 would be fine and I have no choice but to stick to that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.