• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High-Res Battlecruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I'm sorry guys, but i'm pausing this for a while. I just haven't got the will right now, seing how it was possible to just export models from sc2 beta kinda broke my mood.
Although, i think i'm going to send the separate UV-maps to coudwolf later on so that he may skin them one and one, that way, maybe he's results would encourage me into completing this.
Otherwise, i will post the 3ds max file and the mdx incase someone else wants to play with it, but i'm hoping to still complete it myself, it just might take a while.

That's sad. :/
I hope that you'll get your mood back! :p

Level 22
And back to the rules of THW I requested a war3 version of Yamato and Missiles but so far no response, I didnt say that you Fingolfin was gonna need it as well.

I just wanna tell you that I used an unzipped version of ZDsoft recorder and it casued lag in 1 video I showed to you, but with Fraps that can record only 30 seconds I made very smooth videos. Anyway those videos show them at High texture&graphics.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/sc2-battlecruisers-missile-yamato-162688/

I no longer need those screenshots because one patched fixed a problem with particles not showing properly on high grahpics, that's why was the particles difference that I posted about long ago.

My computer got "accidentally" reformated the other day. It's a long story, but a lot of my stuff has gotten lost.
This model is not affected though, i do have it on my backup disc, but my Photoshop and my 3ds max are both lost, aswell as a lot of other programs (including wc3).
I will have to reinstall all this stuff before i do anything, but it is still going to be tight. My final grades get set in may, and i have some school-related stuff to get done before then.

Level 5
If you want, you can send me the mesh, I can work on mesh using Blender (importing from 3DS) and then it back to you. Just tell me what to do.

Level 5
I don't know particle system for Warcraft III, and for the missiles, the only thing I can do, is the mesh, I can't animate them either.

Lightmax. the mesh is finished. It's actually just wrap and anims left. It's so simple i should be able to do it in no time, especially when cloudwolf will be making textures, but i don't have much time to spare for warcraft, or even for being home!

I won't excuse myself anymore, we'll just see when i have time enough to reinstall 3ds max and all that.

Level 5
I can also do some unwrapping using Blender...
I can try to unwrap it and send you the unwrapped ship, if it pleases you then you can send it to Cloudwolf.

Level 22
Lightmax. the mesh is finished. It's actually just wrap and anims left. It's so simple i should be able to do it in no time, especially when cloudwolf will be making textures, but i don't have much time to spare for warcraft, or even for being home!

I won't excuse myself anymore, we'll just see when i have time enough to reinstall 3ds max and all that.

What about the missiles you will use with it? WillTheAllMighty doesnt reply and so far no one showed any interest in making them.

Im still bugging myself to think of how to make a channeling missile throw without a dummy unit and ofc making it shoot several missiles one after another, not at the same time like Barrage.

Level 22
No one wants to do these 2 missiles as if im asking for a model from scratch, I will be grateful if you do both or one of them (missile is 1st priority cause Yamato could be Fireball+Warstomp at impact but still is better to do it). You mentioned how in my videos it wasnt clear how they look. Ok look here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/requesting-projectile-164714/

this pic should be clear enough. For the Multiple-Missiles of the BC, I would do this: Barrage with cooldown and 1 Target max, if it doesnt shoot missiles one after another, I will have to create 2 dummies that additionally attack the target..

Level 22
No they are plasma cannons, the missiles you see. I should have asked in the first place, someone who has SC2 because it needs the charging for Birth, the cometh with the tail for Stand and the shockwave for Death animation ( for the Yamato) and if someone could make the missile would be nice...

This is thread is about the BC but since they should go together... And my images in the thread could also help just in case, I used to have videos, can make videos again if needed.

Level 23
Reading through this thread, I think I can take a look at making that missile you guys wanted. It looks pretty cool, and could be an interesting alternative for an attack. So, I'll see what I can come up with. :) I don't think it should take too long. :p

BTW, Fingolfin, your ship looks epic. :3 I think I'll buy a fleet from your shipyards. :p

Level 23
Bump. :)

Just reread the thread for anything I may have missed. As for the missile request, I have completed the Yamato Birth anim, and am simply waiting for TheTerran to review it to determine any final changes. Once that is done, I can begin working on the Yamato beam, and possibly the missile in his projectile request thread. That way, we can finally have a Yamato Beam weapon for this wonderful model! :D

Level 22
Now you made it only for 3ds max users... Anyway Im using the original BC and Medivac that I can't share for obvious reasons and am going to delete when I'm done with war3 editor very soon.

But since no one wanted to complete the Missiles, here I'm posting the missiles, the Battlecruiser data and abilities in this map. So, with your model and these abilities you can have a BC from sc2 with the way abilities look like, well at least to high degree accurate. You can modify any of what's done by me here as it is too simple but for Varsaigen's effect ask him, though I dont see what better you can do out of it, as WE doesnt allow much more ^^

ATA/ATS Laser Battery

Varsaigen's Yamato Charge

Yamato Missile

Yamato Impact

These effects have more point when used with the right triggers, so I suggest using them from the map, unless you make them work otherwise. Not worthy for a resource and no sounds because I use custom. I didn't remove the leaks, so do it if you want to, it's not like something will happen to your map if they leak.

Attachments

• BattlecruiserSC2Abilities.w3x
    46.9 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.