• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High elves eye replacements (Worker/Swordsman)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
As requested by @D3N1S_K4ZN I added two high elven versions of existing models by editing their emissive textures.
Update: now there are 4 different models with emissives: engineer, swordsman, archer and worker.

1. Blood elf engineer: To add the texture, you need to import the texture with this path: Units/Critters/BloodElfEngineer/Human_BloodElfEngineer_Main_Emissive.dds and set the texture to HD.
I added two versions, use the first if you don't mind spending extra resources on a model, the second if you want to save a lot of resources.

2. Blood elf swordsman: I recommend simply replacing this texture in the ingame files. Go to this folder: C:\Warcraft III\_retail_\units\human\highelfswordsman and add the texture with the exact same name. The original texture has green eyes, which is canonically wrong. If you wish to import it in your game either way, you can use this path: units\human\highelfswordsman\human_highelfswordsman_main_emissive.dds
I also added two versions, use the first if you don't mind spending extra resources on a model, the second if you want to save a lot of resources. If you download and replace the standard texture, use the former, otherwise the small texture is fine.

3. Blood elf worker: same as before, just import the texture with the path units\critters\highelfpeasant\human_workerbloodelf_main_emissive.dds

4 High elf archer: units\creeps\highelfarcher\human_archerbloodelf_main_emissive.dds

When importing, you need to set the texture to HD always. You also may need to save and reload the game to see the changes.
Previews
Contents

High elf archer (Texture)

high elf archer small (Texture)

High elf engineer (small emissive) (Texture)

High elf engineer (standard emissive) (Texture)

High elf Swordsman (small emissive) (Texture)

High elf Swordsman (standard emissive) (Texture)

worker high elf (Texture)

worker high elf-small (Texture)

Level 2
AMAZING !! Love it. And Engineer really looks better, nice idea. Thank you very much for all the people that will use this in the future as well as me :) Great job man, big respect

Level 21
I actually much prefer this too be honest, and yeah...

Will the Hidden Blood Elf Swordsman still work with this if I use him and this together since I want to make my Campaign and a map on where Illidan and his Illidari Forces go through Outland at a moment of the Campaign.
Then they go through Terrokar Forest and see some High Elves (The place you seen there with the other side as well) on their way to the Black Temple and what not...

So yeah I want to add both Elf factions together for it and you can see them guarding the place, but you can either attack them or leave them alone...

I actually much prefer this too be honest, and yeah...

Will the Hidden Blood Elf Swordsman still work with this if I use him and this together since I want to make my Campaign and a map on where Illidan and his Illidari Forces go through Outland at a moment of the Campaign.
Then they go through Terrokar Forest and see some High Elves (The place you seen there with the other side as well) on their way to the Black Temple and what not...

So yeah I want to add both Elf factions together for it and you can see them guarding the place, but you can either attack them or leave them alone...
You wanted a separate model for the High Elf Swordsman, here you go!! Just remove War3mapImported and you are all set.

Attachments

• HighElfSwordsman.mdx
    3.2 MB · Views: 155
  • HighElfSwordsman_portrait.mdx
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • HighElfSwordsmanEyes.dds
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
Level 21
High Elf vs Blood Elf.png

As long I can use this model together with the High Elf looking more Swordsman, and the Blood Elf Swordsman would be perfect instead of the blue one...

And probably gonna do the same as well since I want to do a Blood Elf Archer and a High Elf Archer like the same too, and then the Priest with Blood Elf and High Elf and so forth...

Would you know by any chance if High Elves still own Dragonhawks or the Blood Elves took them all?

Level 14
the Silver Covenant doubled down and even killed the Sunreavers' Dragonhawks during the Purge of Dalaran, showing the message that they don't need them at all anymore

Killing the dragonhawks was made to prevent escape of the Sunreavers, as I remember the quest correct.
Besides, the Silver Covenant is not the only high elven group. Highvale elves still have dragonhawks (according to "Warrior: Divided" comics here and there).

Oh, yes, and the Alliance still can obtain 2 types of dragonhawks. I believe it's because of high elves.

Level 2
View attachment 377040

As long I can use this model together with the High Elf looking more Swordsman, and the Blood Elf Swordsman would be perfect instead of the blue one...

And probably gonna do the same as well since I want to do a Blood Elf Archer and a High Elf Archer like the same too, and then the Priest with Blood Elf and High Elf and so forth...

Would you know by any chance if High Elves still own Dragonhawks or the Blood Elves took them all?
hi is there an attachement file on the blood elf one the one on the right?

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
hi is there an attachement file on the blood elf one the one on the right?

basically here

How in the heck do you add in Blue Eyes for the Blood Elf Enginneer with Two Files. So far I told what the description say and so far still has green eyes still.
You only need one file, to be fair. One is smaller, one is bigger; quality is almost identical. I recommend using the larger file as a replacement, and the smaller in imports.
You just have to import one of the files and replace their name to
  • Units/Critters/BloodElfEngineer/Human_BloodElfEngineer_Main_Emissive.dds

Level 7
You only need one file, to be fair. One is smaller, one is bigger; quality is almost identical. I recommend using the larger file as a replacement, and the smaller in imports.
You just have to import one of the files and replace their name to
  • Units/Critters/BloodElfEngineer/Human_BloodElfEngineer_Main_Emissive.dds
What would I need to do to use those for High Elven Archers? Is it as simple as changing the path to match the archer's?

EDIT: Quick experimentation resulted in the archer opening two black holes in her eyes. How to apply it? :p

Last edited:
What would I need to do to use those for High Elven Archers? Is it as simple as changing the path to match the archer's?

EDIT: Quick experimentation resulted in the archer opening two black holes in her eyes. How to apply it? :p
The archer also has green eyes? I'll fix it, don't worry.

Level 9
I found some of those using Ladik's Casc Viewer, but I didn't know that there is so many hidden stuff. You have my greatest thanks. ❤️

Last edited:
Level 6
I would absolutely love to be able to use these highelf versions along with their bloodelf counterparts in a map of mine. Is it possible to use both versions in one map? (Your highelves and the standard bloodelves?)

I would absolutely love to be able to use these highelf versions along with their bloodelf counterparts in a map of mine. Is it possible to use both versions in one map? (Your highelves and the standard bloodelves?)
Hmmm... Maybe I'll just upload a .mdx of them all as well.

Can u add High Elf Archer with blue eyes .mdx file too pls??!!
I have one. Apologies for the late reply.
Just remove the "war3mapimported" and you are all set..

Attachments

• HighElfArcher.mdx
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • HighElfArcher_portrait.mdx
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • HighElfArcherEyes.dds
    341.5 KB · Views: 22
Level 2
Hey I love those fixed details! It seems small but it's the main thing that makes High and Blood Elfs visually different.
If you get the time could you make a worker model with icon? It's the last unit missing.